TD Rate Hike | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Rate Hike

JBizzle

Wow!

Last year I paid $1230 for a 2009 ZX6 at TD. Replaced the bike with a 2005 GSXR 600 this year, and now TD quoted me $1700. 30, married, 1 minor ticket, GM with 13 years experience.

Absolutely nuts, time to shop around.

That's weird they actually dropped my rate this year by $50.00. I would call them up and ask them to review the new policy.

That's weird they actually dropped my rate this year by $50.00. I would call them up and ask them to review the new policy.

Looks like they jacked up sport bike rates and lowered sport touring -- as I assume a Ninja 650 is a sport touring class.

I asked them about the Sport Touring class. They told me at the time it didn't matter that they went by the size of engine "CC". I originally thought my quote was high and I made it clear at the time that it was a Ninja 650r and not a ZX6R. They said it didn't matter in my case because both bikes were around 600 cc. This was last year so I'm not sure if they still price the bikes that way.

I asked them about the Sport Touring class. They told me at the time it didn't matter that they went by the size of engine "CC". I originally thought my quote was high and I made it clear at the time that it was a Ninja 650r and not a ZX6R. They said it didn't matter in my case because both bikes were around 600 cc. This was last year so I'm not sure if they still price the bikes that way.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of SF?
I am pretty sure TD has supersport and sport touring classifications.

Edit: Just did an online quote and the 650 was $800/year and the ZX6R was $1300/year, so they do have sport touring and supersport classes.

Last edited:
Is this TD MM? My 250 was $1200/year and is now $650/year, and when I asked them about a brand new CBR600RRA, they quoted me approx $1700/year over the phone. In contrast, last year when I inquired (first year riding), the cost of a new 600 would have been close to $3,000.

Is this TD MM? My 250 was $1200/year and is now $650/year, and when I asked them about a brand new CBR600RRA, they quoted me approx $1700/year over the phone. In contrast, last year when I inquired (first year riding), the cost of a new 600 would have been close to $3,000.

This is TD MM. I have home, car insurance with them already. I'm calling back to review quote with someone else.

I just did an online quote with TD and it comes back $200 less then what they told me on the phone. Still higher then last year. Something is def wrong here.

I just did an online quote with TD and it comes back $200 less then what they told me on the phone. Still higher then last year. Something is def wrong here.

Yeah, weird. Maybe it's your location that makes a difference? I have pretty much identical stats to yours, paying around 12xx for '06 CBR600 F4i. My insurance actually went down by like 25 bucks last year.

Yeah, weird. Maybe it's your location that makes a difference? I have pretty much identical stats to yours, paying around 12xx for '06 CBR600 F4i. My insurance actually went down by like 25 bucks last year.

Very likely -- as it is M2N (Yonge / Sheppard). Even Liability was way higher this year. I just switched to All State. Even with a 250$ surcharge for bike only policy, they came in at 1220 for Lia+comp, and 1500 for Full.

Last edited:
Before I bought my new gsxr I was looking at a 2009 gsxr 600. Oddly when I called td to ask if there would be a price difference between the two the new one ended up being something like $46 less :confused:

We are having them quote mine and my wifes bikes, maybe the cars and house as the bikes are almost $400 less annually. If they can be competitive on the other items, I may find some decent cash in the pocket for some upgrades :D

Last edited:
I had Auto and Home with TD and Motorcycle with Intact. I dropped Intact like a brick when I called TD to ask for a rate this morning.

TD quoted me almost half of my Intact yearly premium... after applying discounts for having all 3 services of course and my york u association discount.

Intact = $1950 (1M liability, $300 deductable)
TD = $1035 (2M liability, $500 deductable; $1023 if I chose 1M liability)

My new policy starts June 1 :D Happy Happy camper I am!

Back
Top Bottom