TD Rate Hike..... 60%! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Rate Hike..... 60%!

I just got my renewal with them, I am sure they increased it. Haven't fully checked. But they always do this on my house insurance and I always call in and after a nice little chat they reduce it back to something more acceptable. Hopefully something like this can work for the bike.

Regarding point 1, I asked them specifically that, and they confirmed it wasn't the case. I was up for renewal when I switched over from State Farm
Regarding point 2, definitely no tickets, no claims, no policy changes, and I haven't moved in 5 years

:(
What month did you switch in 2019?

Is it 7 years now ? Was 6 years from M2 last year
7 was the number I was given when I was asking, but with insurance people how do you ever really know, they don't make the rules of engagement very clear, it's kind of like buying stocks on the stock market.

I just got my renewal with them, I am sure they increased it. Haven't fully checked. But they always do this on my house insurance and I always call in and after a nice little chat they reduce it back to something more acceptable. Hopefully something like this can work for the bike.

I totally tried that angle and got totally shut down

I was with TD Meloche for years and they increased it 10% every year. I called each year and they would not do anything until after about 6 years when i cancelled. Try calling to cancel. My Streetfighter is with desjardains and no increase this year and all other bikes and vehicles are with economical and also no increase. Still paying a tonne, but no real increases.

Just got my TD renewal - same as last year.

Thanks Trials - it's 2 bikes actually... 81 Suzi GS650 and 91 Yam DT200r. 5 years of continuous coverage. I've got 2 cars and house insurance all with TD. I know it seems like there should be more to it - I assumed as much also - but they confirmed that it was a standard increase, even after talking with a supervisor.

I am a bit surprised that they don't give you trouble over a bike that old

I was with TD Meloche for years and they increased it 10% every year.

Same experience here... although they _do_ decrease it a little when I play the same game I play with Rogers (call up, threaten to switch to Bell (or State Farm in this case) unless they do something about it. In fact, I _just_ went through this game earlier this week, and the TD Meloche Mollex agent claimed because of some change last summer (wasn't paying attention, didn't have any interest in their excuses) EVERYONE's policy's were increasing... so for you guys saying it didn't increase one cent since last year, I find that surprising and feel I should call them back to question them on that excuse.

Same experience here... although they _do_ decrease it a little when I play the same game I play with Rogers (call up, threaten to switch to Bell (or State Farm in this case) unless they do something about it. In fact, I _just_ went through this game earlier this week, and the TD Meloche Mollex agent claimed because of some change last summer (wasn't paying attention, didn't have any interest in their excuses) EVERYONE's policy's were increasing... so for you guys saying it didn't increase one cent since last year, I find that surprising and feel I should call them back to question them on that excuse.
Total policy in 2019 was $1329, total for 2020 is $1244.
First 2 pics are 2019, second 2 are 2020.
The bike on the left is my price, the right is the wife's price. My rates with Td have gone down a little every year for 10 years.
Those rates also include 2 million liability, full collision and comprehensive and we have upped our accident benefits.
6d72a6db0df857dfb77af8573f6e0a9c.jpg
cfd86119edb450994ab1931110bb0355.jpg
1be92ec49f8d2b0ec6c7fb6bb1398cc9.jpg
8c8b47d4de8c4e44cc4f4e7185ebfd91.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Looking at those rate, ALMOST wants me to drop my supersport since I almost pay that amount for one bike. Nice.

Just got around to reviewing my motorcycle insurance renewal from TD, no change. Mind you I am getting raped anyhow newish rider, harley, and live in Scarborough. I do have my home bundled with them. But I might still call around just to check.

Update: calling around didn't get any better quotes, from Riders Plus & Street Rider (both quoted echelon).

Update 2: So I ended up making 1 more call and I got a much better rate from Johnson Insurance. I have my car with them and school assoication discount. It works out to be $400 less then TD with same coverage.

Last edited:

I'm surprised that works, I thought it was a take it or leave it type situation. Did't know they had room for negotiation in insurance policies....

I'm surprised that works, I thought it was a take it or leave it type situation. Did't know they had room for negotiation in insurance policies....
Yea, they never did anything for me and i called every year. Maybe I am not as charming.

Back
Top Bottom