Talon alarm won't arm/disarm | GTAMotorcycle.com

Talon alarm won't arm/disarm

New_Era_Inc

I was wondering if anyone have had this problem. I replaced my battery yesterday and now my alarm won't arm/disarm. I removed the fuse and put it back in, the siren chirps and the lights blink twice. When I press on the remote to arm, it won't arm. I even replaced the battery in the remote and still nothing. I checked all the connections and they seem ok.

Any ideas?

Check your Manual.

You need to push the remotes within a limited time after power up to introduce them to the Alarm system.

Mine has a 60 sec window.
Power it up push buttons within 60seconds or they don't communicate.

Put your key on the bike and turn it on and off 12 times (then press any button on your remote to register the frequency of that remote). I had the same problem with mine & now it's working again.

Check your Manual.

You need to push the remotes within a limited time after power up to introduce them to the Alarm system.

Mine has a 60 sec window.
Power it up push buttons within 60seconds or they don't communicate.

I can't find the manual. I checked talon's website and can't find anything. I send them an email 2 days and still haven't heard anything from them.

Which alarm do you have ?

The same problem happened last year and all I did was remove the fuse and plug it back in and it worked.

Put your key on the bike and turn it on and off 12 times (then press any button on your remote to register the frequency of that remote). I had the same problem with mine & now it's working again.

I just tried that and still nothing. It won't arm.

http://www.talonalarms.com/Manual.pdf

on/off 10 times within 10 seconds + any button on the transmitter = system reset

Then do the 12 times thing to re-encode your transmitter.

Also, on the main control module (the thing with the chip), try to take the screw out on the top and make sure that none of the wires are loose - it did the confirmation chirps when I did this (probably some dust or something inside the module).

Mine on the KLR is an older one, T2000 or something like that, only hooked to battery no engine immobilizer, and it still drains the battery quickly.
I have a Scorpio i800 for my Can-Am.

on/off 10 times within 10 seconds + any button on the transmitter = system reset

Also, on the main control module (the thing with the chip), try to take the screw out on the top and make sure that none of the wires are loose - it did the confirmation chirps when I did this (probably some dust or something inside the module).

Thanks for all the help. I just did everything. Still nothing. It chirps when I remove the module from the white connector. I also did what the manual says. It chirps when I turn the key the first time then when I am done and press the remote still nothing happens.

I just thought of something. Will turning the ignition on/off (to reset the system) still work if I don't have the ignition kill setup on my alarm ? I only have the perimeter and the led light hooked up to my alarm, the fuse wire to the battery and the wire adapter to my signals and the siren.

I just thought of something. Will turning the ignition on/off (to reset the system) still work if I don't have the ignition kill setup on my alarm ? I only have the perimeter and the led light hooked up to my alarm, the fuse wire to the battery and the wire adapter to my signals and the siren.
It should be fine without it. I didn't connect the ignition kill 'cause I wasn't trying to cut any wires on my bike and I also didn't even connect the red LED light.

Sorry I can't help you any more - I spent about 3 hours trying to troubleshoot and checking all the connections on mine, so I know how frustrating it is. If it was working before you changed your battery, I'm really inclined to think that you're just not resetting the module properly. On then off is ONE cycle. Also make sure that you actually disconnect the power wire before you reset it!

And is remote light actually turning blue? I had to take the transmitter apart to make sure the circuit was completed properly 'cause it wouldn't work after a new battery.

Considering that Talon is no longer making alarms and the guy who was behind it all basically deleted all his support forums and other info from the site, I did the same thing as him and ripped out that alarm from my bike and put in a new one.

Anyone need remotes/manual/wiring harness for Suzuki SV650?
You pay shipping, and the parts are free.

And is remote light actually turning blue? I had to take the transmitter apart to make sure the circuit was completed properly 'cause it wouldn't work after a new battery.

I'm gonna take my time with it today. Ya the remote light is turning blue. How did u check the circuit to see if it's working properly ?

It should be fine without it. I didn't connect the ignition kill 'cause I wasn't trying to cut any wires on my bike and I also didn't even connect the red LED light.

Sorry I can't help you any more - I spent about 3 hours trying to troubleshoot and checking all the connections on mine, so I know how frustrating it is. If it was working before you changed your battery, I'm really inclined to think that you're just not resetting the module properly. On then off is ONE cycle. Also make sure that you actually disconnect the power wire before you reset it!.

I think I'm not resetting it properly. So I should disconnect the fuse wire from the battery and leave everything else connected as is?? Then turn the ignition on/off then push the remote ?

I'm gonna take my time with it today. Ya the remote light is turning blue. How did u check the circuit to see if it's working properly ?
If the light turns on when you press a button, the circuit's working properly. So the transmitter's probably not the problem.

I think I'm not resetting it properly. So I should disconnect the fuse wire from the battery and leave everything else connected as is?? Then turn the ignition on/off then push the remote ?
Leave the fuse in. But loosen the battery screw with the power wire and then re-connect it (you should hear the chirp). Then try resetting the module.

If you still can't figure it out, just pm me your number & I can help you out (I'll be working downtown tomorrow night).

Back
Top Bottom