Tail (& back) of the dragon, Moonshiners & More - October 18-21st | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tail (& back) of the dragon, Moonshiners & More - October 18-21st

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
As per title, I’m headed south in a few weeks. Looking for someone to share hotel/motel costs with. All my usual riding friends can’t get the time off or are afraid of the cooler weather. ;)

Total trip around 3200KM across 4 (maybe 5) days. Long day 1 (1400km to the doorstep of the dragon) and day 4 (blue ridge parkway then express home) with slower day 2&3 for the dragon, moonshiners, back of the dragon, and beginning of the blue ridge.

Open to camping as well if weather allows. Bringing my gear either way.

I ride hard on the long days, often stopping only for gas, coffee, and a leak...and rolling again right away. Brief lunch stop. Sit down dinner at the end of the day.

I’m easy to get along with despite how I may come across here sometimes. Just be prepared to spend more time rolling than sitting still during the daylight hours. ;)

Interested? Reply.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'd consider staying down, but I have to work that weekend.

Bump. Still in the plans. Flexible timing, just aiming to be back in town by next Tuesday/Wednesday.

Planning to start at the west end of the Cherohala skyway now, run that, then the dragon, then wherever the wind takes me. Moonshiners and Blue Ridge still likely.

My preference has always been to do the opposite with regards to the BRP. Take the BRP going south and interstate on the way back. This way, you can do the BRP without rushing and your body is still fresh to enjoy the roads. Once done riding the Dragon and area, gobble up 3-400km's in the evening the day before I intend to get back home. That way, there's only a 1000km or so to do on the last day.

Since you're in that area, may I suggest dipping into Georgia down to Suches from Tellico Plains. Fantastic road.

I'm hoping to do a similar ride later this week, but don't think my body is in the right shape to do your mileage/day.

always like to hear about heavy cruiser riders putting on big miles
the impression is they ride for 10 minutes and sit at Timmies rest of the day

of course there are many that don't, we don't see them cause they're too busy riding
enjoy your trip, PP

Regder, I’m on vacation for 2 weeks...so I have flexibility like I said. What’s your maximum KM in a day you’re good with?

always like to hear about heavy cruiser riders putting on big miles
the impression is they ride for 10 minutes and sit at Timmies rest of the day

I’m definitely not a member of the Hortons Choice. ?

Should be pushing 27,000KM on the season by the time this one is done.

Back
Top Bottom