Szoke continues unbeaten streak, inches closer to 14th title with dramatic sweep at CTMP | GTAMotorcycle.com

Szoke continues unbeaten streak, inches closer to 14th title with dramatic sweep at CTMP

GTAM

Staff member
Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
081620-2.jpg

Thirteen-time National champion Jordan Szoke is on the brink of adding another title to his resumé after another weekend sweep at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, winning both races in the Pro Superbike class to take a commanding lead after two rounds of the Canadian Superbike Championship, presented by Pro6 Cycle.

Szoke saved one of the best performances of his career for race one, coming all the way back to win after deciding to switch bikes on the warmup lap, relegating himself to the back of the grid as the Lynden, ON veteran was forced to start from pit lane aboard his Canada General Warranty Kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja.

Read More...

Continue reading...

I don't understand some thing here....

..why hasn't there been any opportunities for a 13 time Cad champion to go to Europe yet? No factory calls, no nothing?

Or am I missing some thing here?

Comparing top Canadian riders to Moto GP skill level is like comparing a track day rider to CSBK level. Short season and no money.

Comparing top Canadian riders to Moto GP skill level is like comparing a track day rider to CSBK level. Short season and no money.
That was part of what I was thinking. Obviously Szoke is amazing but I have no idea how he holds up against the best in the world (or even the best in the US). Also, as he is older and has a family, maybe he is happy with his life in Canada instead of being an absentee father (or constantly travelling with the whole family).

better to be the belle of the ball in uxbridge than plain jane in paris, montreal, moscow, LA, miami etc

better to be the belle of the ball in uxbridge than plain jane in paris, montreal, moscow, LA, miami etc
Is it? What if you make 20K a year in being the belle of the ball in uxbridge but 200K a year as a plain jane in Europe? It's like CFL vs NFL. I don't know of many players that intentionally pick CFL.

Is it? What if you make 20K a year in being the belle of the ball in uxbridge but 200K a year as a plain jane in Europe? It's like CFL vs NFL. I don't know of many players that intentionally pick CFL.

I suppose we'll never know if you never leave uxbridge

..why hasn't there been any opportunities for a 13 time Cad champion to go to Europe yet? No factory calls, no nothing?

Well the first step would be to race in the US as they have more competitive grids than here. But Szokes can't race down there anymore after getting caught at the border for not declaring his winnings years ago. So he kind of screwed himself out of going further in the sport

That and its a pride factor

.... So he kind of screwed himself out of going further in the sport
Hardly, I think he just went a little bit further, he came in first again
:cautious: and all americans screwed themselves out of coming up to race in Canada at the moment didn't they?
+ you know they can normally come up here and race too, it has happened before.
+ he Was racing in Australia not that long ago and he did pretty good there too.
jus sayin

He represented Canada at the Trial des Nations in Europe.
2014 Jordan Szoke accompanied Jonathan English, Dan Johnson and Brandon Wince to Andorra Spain

Hardly, I think he just went a little bit further, he came in first again
:cautious: and all americans screwed themselves out of coming up to race in Canada at the moment didn't they?
+ you know they can normally come up here and race too, it has happened before.
+ he Was racing in Australia not that long ago and he did pretty good there too.
jus sayin
Americans would say...."show me the money". There isn't any in Canada.

Jordan will be riding for as long as there is a Jordan, he rides to ride, racing isn't even imperative to that,
it is a huge deal when you are riding motorcycles for a living as he has been for many years now,
there's your show me the money ;) best luck and more power to him.

Some CSBK riders have ventured south of the border in recent years at the end of their seasons, but they have struggled to post good enough times on unfamiliar tracks during race weekends.

The only Canadians that have had success in the US are those that moved there to race. Current example of this is Alex Dumas in AMA.

google the 2016 race when Corti showed up at Mosport for the first time ever and was leading part of the race, with some very unconventional lines.

i'm pretty sure he was a factory riders back when the factories had a presence in Canada, but down South the pool of talent is way deeper, and its even deeper than that in Europe

I'm more curious about the line in the article about 'inching towards' the championship. Unless they're having another round somewhere next month it's over? I'd guess there will be another round at bogie since I'm pretty sure SMP isn't happening at the end of Sept. Who knows, who cares ;)

I'm hoping there are no superbike races on and he's riding Sparrow Lake on the 23rd. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom