SV650 Seat | GTAMotorcycle.com

SV650 Seat

OllieDood

I recently purchased a 2008 SV650A that's in great shape with the exception of the seat that's pretty torn up. I'm having trouble finding good options in Canada, does anyone have any recommendations. I'm 5'9, so don't want a super thick seat, but something comfortable for longer rides would be nice.

Sv650 seat torn

When I had my sv650 I picked up a Corbin off Kijiji, awesome seat.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

You could try it yourself.

l’m building a 2002 SV race bike and I just recovered the seat myself with a piece of “carbon” look vinyl that I picked up at a local store. 18x18 was $5 and there were no seams required. Went on really easily.

I took a stab at it and it turned out pretty good.

t5Z500B.jpg

As a guy servicing the upholstery trade for 25+ years, you did a pretty good job. Well done.

As a guy servicing the upholstery trade for 25+ years, you did a pretty good job. Well done.

Any tips? I have an aftermarket seat (not sure of brand) that is far more comfortable but I rarely use it because it absorbs water and I tend to ride rain or shine. I’d love to cover it in something waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Any tips? I have an aftermarket seat (not sure of brand) that is far more comfortable but I rarely use it because it absorbs water and I tend to ride rain or shine. I’d love to cover it in something waterproof.

You could always remove the cover, lay down a waterproof layer to protect the foam and then reuse the existing cover.

That looks like the factory gel seat. I have one that looks better than that but headed that way. Take it to apple auto or similar $100 to $200 and ask for more padding.

You could always remove the cover, lay down a waterproof layer to protect the foam and then reuse the existing cover.

This isn't a bad idea at all.

Usually seat manufacturers use a suitable material. Are there any seams in your seat? Is the material perforated?

Saddleman seat? What were they thinking!

I have one of their distance/adv/touring seats, the driver portion is covered with a microfiber knit that holds water like a towel. Super comfortable all-day seat... unless it rains.

If you want to recover the seat, any marine upholstery shop can do it for you. I

Saddleman seat? What were they thinking!

I have one of their distance/adv/touring seats, the driver portion is covered with a microfiber knit that holds water like a towel. Super comfortable all-day seat... unless it rains.

If you want to recover the seat, any marine upholstery shop can do it for you. I

I’m insure of the brand. IIRC it’s a gel seat. Super comfortable compared to the factory one but yes absorbs like a sponge.

Good tip on the marine shop, didn’t think of that.

Back
Top Bottom