Superleggera V4 - yikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Superleggera V4 - yikes

I'm sure a few of them will be bought by rich track day enthusiasts. They are out there. Not all rich folk are slow ... Those folks will rent a track for themselves and their buddies, and bring this out for special occasions. You won't be seeing one at a general track day for the masses. Same riders would have another, cheaper Ducati for those ... a V4R, for example!
The guy that showed up at Mosport back in 05 i think was told that to buy a Desmo RR the buyer had to be the owner of an R model Ducati.So he said ok,i'll take that one over there too. Yes,they are out there.

The guy that showed up at Mosport back in 05 i think was told that to buy a Desmo RR the buyer had to be the owner of an R model Ducati.So he said ok,i'll take that one over there too. Yes,they are out there.

They do that with Ferraris as well.

If you want to buy a brand new one, first you need to buy a used one from the same dealership.

If you've never bought a Ferrari from them before they'll take your name down, but it's staying on the list forever till you buy a model that's on the showroom floor. Then you get put on the Real list.

I don't know if it was true story, but a university acquaintance who had disgusting amounts of money used to go to Ferrari track days with his family in QC. One of the participants crashed and completely destroyed their F40 so they sent it off be rebuilt and switched to their backup Ferrari to finish off the weekend. Frig me. Lose $1,000,000+ Saturday morning and put another few hundred thousand on the line to finish off the weekend of fun. Different worlds.

I don't know if it was true story, but a university acquaintance who had disgusting amounts of money used to go to Ferrari track days with his family in QC. One of the participants crashed and completely destroyed their F40 so they sent it off be rebuilt and switched to their backup Ferrari to finish off the weekend. Frig me. Lose $1,000,000+ Saturday morning and put another few hundred thousand on the line to finish off the weekend of fun. Different worlds.
And.....the amazing part is that it doesn't mean they are any happier than you or I. :p

I dunno. Two Ferraris would definitely make me more happier than I am right now.
I dont know, even with lots of money, five figure routine maintenance bills would slowly kill me. That sound though. While driving, the bills would be forgotten.

I dont know, even with lots of money, five figure routine maintenance bills would slowly kill me. That sound though. While driving, the bills would be forgotten.

Tubi exhaust for the eargasm.

I'd be searching for all the non-existent tunnels in Ontario to drive through in 1st gear. With or without transition lenses.

An aquainatance is a performance mechanic that works at Mosport (CTC) track in a garage. He tells stories of Ferrari and Porche owners that will put a car into the buckwheat, call the dealer in Toronto that will put a vehicle on a flatbed and have it up there in about an hour or so. Apparently there is also track insurance for these million dollar vehicles.

A reasonable decision.
I’m hoping based on past superleggerra sales that used ones will pop up after a year or 2...resale prices aren’t great. Either way I’m betting the next generation V4R will probably have a lot of the superleggera stuff on it

The Ducati factory is almost making the NCR Factory redundant.

Last edited:
I’m hoping based on past superleggerra sales that used ones will pop up after a year or 2...resale prices aren’t great. Either way I’m betting the next generation V4R will probably have a lot of the superleggera stuff on it

Carbon fibre frame is pretty cool and probably accounts for most of the cost difference between the R the the Superleggera (aside from the bragging rights premium). That frame alone is 17 lbs (!!!!) lighter than the V4R's. Thats pretty significant. ?

Especially considering the V4R is right at the rule limits for how light a WSBK homologated bike is allowed to weigh.

Awesome machine for sure.Movie stars like Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise lined up to pay $93k for the Desmoseidici rr back in 2004.They can be had for a lot less than that now.Modern superbikes are never a great investment.

Based on bringatrailer, Desmo's are going for around $40-50k USD. Remember them being cheaper a few years ago, but like anything that's collectible with a motor are increasing in price. Would probably be a decent investment (at least not likely to lose anything) at this point.

An aquainatance is a performance mechanic that works at Mosport (CTC) track in a garage. He tells stories of Ferrari and Porche owners that will put a car into the buckwheat, call the dealer in Toronto that will put a vehicle on a flatbed and have it up there in about an hour or so. Apparently there is also track insurance for these million dollar vehicles.

Anyone can get track insurance, it's per day and it's pretty popular for track day guys with decent value cars. At least in the states.

16k for test riding the 2020 WSBK AND MOTOGP bike is a ridiculously cheap offer! Try that deal for a ride in an F1 car... they' will laugh you off the track!

If you dump the MOTOGP bike running out the pitlane, that's 16 grand in damages right there!

Back
Top Bottom