Sunday Morning Rides are Over - Cyclists win. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday Morning Rides are Over - Cyclists win.

meh.... a cyclist running a stop sign doesn't affect me. Let em do it.

It does when it took you many kilometers to finally get around them to begin with only to have to do it all over again because they feel stop signs are optional to them, and then can not only pass all sorts of vehicles (typically on the inside, at that) while at a stop sign or red light or whatever and force everyone who already got around them once to do it again.

See above reply....

or worse you try to avoid and cause your own accident.

And of course, that's a single vehicle accident, so it's 100% your fault. And 100% chance the cyclist will just ride off and either have no idea they even caused an accident, or want to stay around if they know they did.

edit: I actually confronted a cyclist once after they ran a stop sign. their reasoning: 'it takes too much energy to stop and get going again'.
SMH - self entitled granola munchers.
If you on (two wheels) and a cyclist both blow a stop sign in full view of a cop simultaneously, who is going to get the ticket?

If you on (two wheels) and a cyclist both blow a stop sign in full view of a cop simultaneously, who is going to get the ticket?

the one with the louder exhaust.
maybe i can use the same line. 'stopping and going again uses too much gas officer. don't you care about global warming?'

the one with the louder exhaust.
maybe i can use the same line. 'stopping and going again uses too much gas officer. don't you care about global warming?'
It's not an unreasonable argument. All of the useless stop signs that were put in place for speed control not traffic flow (in contravention of policy) cause a lot of noise and emissions for very little benefit. Cops don't care, that's the politicians screw up.

stopping and going again uses too much gas officer. don't you care about global warming?

That's one of the use arguments for traffic circles instead of stop signs and traffic lights.

But as long as there's a stop sign or traffic lights, yeah...you stop.

It does when it took you many kilometers to finally get around them to begin with only to have to do it all over again because they feel stop signs are optional to them, and then can not only pass all sorts of vehicles (typically on the inside, at that) while at a stop sign or red light or whatever and force everyone who already got around them once to do it again.

See above reply....
who cares - we should all be riding bicycles anyway, it's ok to have to pass them multiple times

plus give me a break most people don't come to a complete stop at stop signs in vehicles either - I know I don't if there's nobody around, it saves a lot of $$$ on gas.

the hate and rationalizations for disliking them are just so tiresome - bottom line is someone riding around keeping themselves in shape reduces healthcare burden and cost for the rest of us - and if they're riding to work, even better, one less car you'd be stuck behind (at least you can pass the cyclists, you can't pass another car in a traffic jam).

who cares - we should all be riding bicycles anyway, it's ok to have to pass them multiple times

plus give me a break most people don't come to a complete stop at stop signs in vehicles either - I know I don't if there's nobody around, it saves a lot of $$$ on gas.

the hate and rationalizations for disliking them are just so tiresome - bottom line is someone riding around keeping themselves in shape reduces healthcare burden and cost for the rest of us - and if they're riding to work, even better, one less car you'd be stuck behind (at least you can pass the cyclists, you can't pass another car in a traffic jam).
Big difference between blowing the stop sign and a rolling stop, not even in same universe comparison.

You can be tired of them as you like, doesn’t make them untrue or invalid. You can practice your healthy lifestyle in a manner that not only doesn’t **** over others on the road but in which you make it home on your bike and not a trip in the ambulance.

Big difference between blowing the stop sign and a rolling stop, not even in same universe comparison.

You can be tired of them as you like, doesn’t make them untrue or invalid. You can practice your healthy lifestyle in a manner that not only doesn’t **** over others on the road but in which you make it home on your bike and not a trip in the ambulance.
Part of the problem is moral outrage (why do they keep going and I have to stop) and part of it is some cyclists are pricks that screw up right of way. If vehicles are moving safely through an intersection in the order they arrived, I am not too concerned with whether they stopped. Many cyclists and woodbridge drivers see the opportunity to go through at speed as a way to jump the queue and get through before their turn which is dangerous and a real ahole move.

Part of the problem is moral outrage (why do they keep going and I have to stop) and part of it is some cyclists are pricks that screw up right of way. If vehicles are moving safely through an intersection in the order they arrived, I am not too concerned with whether they stopped. Many cyclists and woodbridge drivers see the opportunity to go through at speed as a way to jump the queue and get through before their turn which is dangerous and a real ahole move.
Certainly.

There is some benefit to being a cyclist (vehicle or not) and I’m fine with them taking certain actions to be safe. No different from us on 2 with engines

But the conservation of motion crap tilts me. Use the road till you get a light, now ride along the crosswalk and onto the sidewalk. Break in traffic? Jump back down to the street.
Treat me like a vehicle.
Treat me like a pedestrian.

Can’t have it both ways.

Certainly.

There is some benefit to being a cyclist (vehicle or not) and I’m fine with them taking certain actions to be safe. No different from us on 2 with engines

But the conservation of motion crap tilts me. Use the road till you get a light, now ride along the crosswalk and onto the sidewalk. Break in traffic? Jump back down to the street.
I have no problem with bikes on the sidewalk at reasonable speeds without pedestrians. High speed or where people are walking is no bueno for me. I had a cyclist bell me while I was on a sidewalk a few weeks ago. The road was empty. What a *&^%head.

I've been hit by a cyclist as a pedestrian on a sidewalk. I was able to position myself so it was (my) shoulder to his. I remained standing but took a glancing blow to my left leg, fortunately with no injury. He fell down. Unhappy but seemingly uninjured.

Out here in Port Hope, Lakeshore Road from Newcastle is a popular route for groups and more often than not they ride side by side, taking up the entire lane and sometimes into the oncoming one. They are, or act oblivious to overtaking vehicles and if you honk the horn you get the inevitable finger or multiple fingers.

C'est la vie. I've got time to wait. I work hard not to take them seriously, and ignore the gestures. When I inevitably pass I smile broadly and wave which just seems to enrage them.

The thing that truly baffles me is that they seem completely unaware of their own vulnerability.

Sadly, the world now seems crowded with self absorbed, selfish, rude, unrepentant twerps. Even worse, we have to share the road with them. Whether it's the loud pipes & stereos crowd, the "my vehicle is an extension of my penis" guys or the spandex warriors.

And a word of advice, stay away from Prince Edward County on the weekends. The roads are absolutely jammed with groups of them, sometimes very large groups with support/blocking vehicles.

Lol. About the red light or stop signs... If i roll through any of them, nobody will know about it as i'll only do it if no one is around.
Otherwise i stop. Sure it sucks getting started again from a stop, it takes energy and i can guarantee you that a ride of 100km with start and stop will take way more energy from the rider than doing a continuous ride on momentum.

But in the end, if i'm dead or injured, i won't have any energy to spend anyways, so i just stop. It's a major red flag for me to stay away if i see cyclists (or a group of cyclists) fully not respecting rules when there are other vehicles on the road. I even made friends with a random dude on his bike last year complaining about a cyclist ahead of us that had burned a red light.

But as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, lumping everyone in one basket doesn't solve the issue. Just like us motorcyclists with "crotch rocket vs harleys" or how about anytime I'd say "I ride a motorcycle" to people and they would then talk to me about acquaintance A or B that go injured, killed, etc. on a motorcycle. Never anything positive to say about it.
Those conversations aren't conducive to anything good often times. They don't foster understanding. But i guess that's how us humans are wired to do a "us vs them" and always find a way to nitpick on what we hate on the others when our own faults might be way bigger or problem-inducing than what we're complaining about.

1623779965102.png

Ya. They are all Lance Armstr......ummm nevermind.

Sure it sucks getting started again from a stop, it takes energy and i can guarantee you that a ride of 100km with start and stop will take way more energy from the rider than doing a continuous ride on momentum.
I would have little sympathy for somebody complaining about any inconvenience in their hobby, while they are inconveniencing literally everyone around them. 🤷‍♂️

I would have little sympathy for somebody complaining about any inconvenience in their hobby, while they are inconveniencing literally everyone around them. 🤷‍♂️
Isn't motorcycling a hobby for most of us?

We're all pointing fingers when cars would put motorcyclists and cyclists in the same basket in the blink of an eye, in the meantime we're all here like

1623783849591.png

Back
Top Bottom