Suggestions for a good excuse to call in sick and go riding... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestions for a good excuse to call in sick and go riding...

LoneRonin

I don't feel like working today...I was already there all day yesterday. I'd rather be riding and have never called in sick for work or taken days off last minute. I'm somewhat new to this job (2.5 months) but don't really give a **** because I'm just there short term.

What's a good excuse to call in with where they can't really say anything. I'm trying to avoid the typical food poisoning bs for something actually believable.

I once said that my gf had a pregnancy terminated and she was not taking it well and I had to be home to support her.
I know, I'm a horrible human being.

But they gave me the rest of the week off.

Give reasons, not excuses. Kids these days:rolleyes:

Just call in and say your taking a personal day. They are not supposed to ask you why. If they do just say it's personal. Don't get into it to much with them. But ensure you give them enough notice

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

A meeting with Premier Wynne? The employer would be impressed with your connections.

Just call in and say your taking a personal day. They are not supposed to ask you why. If they do just say it's personal. Don't get into it to much with them. But ensure you give them enough notice

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
This.
Privacy act states that they cannot ask why. If you do, however, say that you are sick, ill whatever, then they have the right to ask for a drs note.
Fwiw, I find that a lot of management has no clue about the laws, and will ask why you're not coming in anyway....that's when (even if I am actually sick) about some crazy bs story that gets them so uncomfortable that they just say "see you tomorrow" and hang up. Ah, the looks I get the next day....

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

just say family emergency or some ****, if they get a hard on and ask tell them your grandma fell and you had to get over there immediatly.

Better yet, go to work like you agreed to do when they hired you. Be a grown up and honor your commitments.

I'm a fan of the simple "I drank too much and I feel like crap, I'll be pretty much useless today" excuse. Works everytime!

Call in and tell them you quit. Lots of time to ride then.

Hopefully, you weren't skipping off from teaching rider training. :D

I'm a fan of the simple "I drank too much and I feel like crap, I'll be pretty much useless today" excuse. Works everytime!

Actually if your company has a zero blood alcohol policy you can claim to be diligent.

BTW the personal emergency days are unpaid unless part of an agreement.

Just say you feel sick

A friend of yours was just killed in a motorcycle crash, and you're too traumatized to ride into work for a couple of days. Tonight's GTA news will provide the necessary documentation.

Back
Top Bottom