[SUGGESTION] Tire inflator | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

[SUGGESTION] Tire inflator

I bought one 5 years ago called the cycle pump.Made for ADV's when changing between off/on road. Has clips for battery with a fuse or plugs into a socket. Very powerful and small but probably expensive now with our exchange rate.

Best one I ever had looked like this:
665631997f4d591b73387ad14f5652e7.jpg

That's a classic. My dad had one that came with his '57 Buick Super when he bought it new. Lasted for 40 years.

The pic is of the driven gear of one of the cheap 12 volt cigarette lighter compressors. When the tiny drive gear hits the gap the gig is up. I don't know how common this is but cast products of any material can have internal stresses that cause warps and cracks.

Mini compressor 001.JPG

One in my group got a flat near the Dragon a couple years ago and we picked up a portable 12v pump from the closest Walmart for $20. Works great and is very small and portable. Pretty sure you can find them on Amazon. Won't plug into wall but it meets your portable criteria for car and bike (if it has a plug).

Anything small enough out there that can be put under the rear cowl seat? Hand pump preferred.

Anything small enough out there that can be put under the rear cowl seat? Hand pump preferred.
C02. Or 1000 strokes of a mini bike pump. If you bought one of the poverty 12v pumps amd stripped off as much useless plastic as possible you might get it small enough to fit.

Reactions: LBV

i picked this up for 20bucks, don't know how well it works didn't use it yet

I went ahead and purchased Topeak Joe Blow Sport 3 as somebody suggested before. I was pumped up moto tires (was on around 23psi on both, needed 28 and 33) and 2 bikes tires. I guess I was so pumped up.

Happy that it supports Presta too.

This floor pump completely blew away 2 other handheld pump that I have (hate this things).

I can't fight the urge to chime in with I liked to use telescoping bicycle pumps - their low capacity made it easy to set air adjustable forks/shocks without overpressurizing them

But that advice is pretty useless these days

I have the Topeak Road Morph G hand pump.

I use it for the dual sport. It's about 13" long and thin enough that it takes up no space in the backpack. I use it when airing up and down when going between the pavement and trails.

Going from 18 psi to 24 psi in the front takes about 40 strokes.

Love that I don't have to rely on electrics.

Wouldn't want to seat a bead with that thing though. Especially a tubeless tire...

I can't fight the urge to chime in with I liked to use telescoping bicycle pumps - their low capacity made it easy to set air adjustable forks/shocks without overpressurizing them

But that advice is pretty useless these days
You use a normal bike pump for shocks? Don't you find you lose too much air when you are taking it off? Do you just start high and have worked out that you lose 10 psi when you take it off?

You use a normal bike pump for shocks? Don't you find you lose too much air when you are taking it off? Do you just start high and have worked out that you lose 10 psi when you take it off?

I still checked with a pressure gauge after... checking the pressure once only lost a tiny bit of air (unreadable), if I checked like 5 times then I would have lost .5 PSI. Admittedly it has been a few years since I had the VF500F. I do not currently own anything that has air shocks

I have the Topeak Road Morph G hand pump.

I use it for the dual sport. It's about 13" long and thin enough that it takes up no space in the backpack. I use it when airing up and down when going between the pavement and trails.

Going from 18 psi to 24 psi in the front takes about 40 strokes.

Love that I don't have to rely on electrics.

Wouldn't want to seat a bead with that thing though. Especially a tubeless tire...
Looks like they have a mini-version at 26 cm. Topeak Mini Morph Bike Pump: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

Those will work, but on the small one, you are looking at something like 1000 strokes to inflate a motorcycle tire from flat (assuming no air leaks in the process). In one of the reviews, someone was happy that it took about two minutes to pump up a 26x1.95. What is the volume of a motorcycle tire, eight times that? So 15 minutes of furious pumping and you are good to go (hopefully).

Just ordered that pocket rocket one … I hear what you're saying Grey but I don't ride more than a couple of hours away from home and I figure a nail or screw in a tire will be a slow leak so the tire will never go to full empty right away. I just need something to pump some air in as needed until I get home or to the closest repair shop.

If I had a bagger with space, I'd surely get something else but with this one I can throw it in the seat bag of my GSX and be done.

Been using a battery-powered Porter Cable since 2013, it's rock solid. It was even able to set the bead on a tire once (it failed on a couple more attempts).

Probably long discontinued though.

419GrUAlU5L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Are we talking about pumps you use at home or pumps you carry on your bike?

I carry the Slime mini tire inflator on my bike, it was the smallest one I could find and it was like $30 at walmart. At home I just use a regular bicycle hand pump, works faster than an electric compressor.

Reactions: LBV

Back
Top Bottom