Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 203 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Wouldn't say it's stupidly overpriced, but a certain gixxer posted for sale on here over the weekend - 2 years old and 9000km but "practically brand new"
It came out of a crate. That's an extra $500.

So many of these clowns get ripped by the dealers, then try to recoup the cost on the used market lol...

So many of these clowns get ripped by the dealers, then try to recoup the cost on the used market lol...
Totally agree

Ppl walk into the dealership not having done their research and paying too much for not just bikes but cars as well

I find sone of them are just so hung up on getting a bike they aren't really bothered by what it costs.... To much disposable income

Not everyone but a majority

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Drz's are expensive these days

Please view this ad:

2016 DRZ400SM Yoshied,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*9,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This kills me! Hahaha. Originally posted as "taking offers." Probably got a bunch of realistic offers, then decided to throw it up for $9500..
Stock drz400sm: $6999
Twin pipe yosh: $1500
Jet kit: $100
3x3 mod: FREE
"3 hour install": Also FREE and if it takes you 3 hours to install a full pipe on a drz I'm seriously concerned..
Now a year old and not NEW (1000km)

At that point... why not just buy a brand new 2017 and do the mods yourself and save :lmao:Also forgo the overpriced useless duals and grab a $750 MRD zpro.

A lot of these guys selling right now have the mentality that once spring hits they will get what they're asking. I believe the opposite will happen. People will take their bikes out of storage, put them up for sale, market will fill up with some more options and the prices will come back a little closer to reality..

rant/

This kills me! Hahaha. Originally posted as "taking offers." Probably got a bunch of realistic offers, then decided to throw it up for $9500..
Stock drz400sm: $6999
Twin pipe yosh: $1500
Jet kit: $100
3x3 mod: FREE
"3 hour install": Also FREE and if it takes you 3 hours to install a full pipe on a drz I'm seriously concerned..
Now a year old and not NEW (1000km)

At that point... why not just buy a brand new 2017 and do the mods yourself and save :lmao:Also forgo the overpriced useless duals and grab a $750 MRD zpro.

A lot of these guys selling right now have the mentality that once spring hits they will get what they're asking. I believe the opposite will happen. People will take their bikes out of storage, put them up for sale, market will fill up with some more options and the prices will come back a little closer to reality..

rant/

To be fair to that guy, a 2016 SM was $8600 out the door for me, and a Twin Yoshi Carbon pipe in Canada is about $2100 after tax. Not saying its worth $9500, but it isnt a $7000 bike either.

It you could pick it up for $8500, that would be a decent deal.

everyone knows you cant recoup your mods/aftermarkets.

Most people will just look for the 'reasonably' priced Drz thats a few years old and in decent shape, that guy aint selling nothing. 9000$ for a carbed bike that hasnt been updating in decades. hilarious. I'd just get a WR250 instead

To be fair to that guy, a 2016 SM was $8600 out the door for me, and a Twin Yoshi Carbon pipe in Canada is about $2100 after tax. Not saying its worth $9500, but it isnt a $7000 bike either.

$8500 is still too much. You still have to pay the taxes on that. It's used, it's worth $7k maybe.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Dude look like a lady.

$8500 is still too much. You still have to pay the taxes on that. It's used, it's worth $7k maybe.

Even 8500 is to much for a 35HP motorcycle. I like drz's and have owned one but when you can pick one up for half that price with low km.... The reason they are so popular is their reliability and longevity and the huge amount of aftermarket support.

Even 8500 is to much for a 35HP motorcycle. I like drz's and have owned one but when you can pick one up for half that price with low km.... The reason they are so popular is their reliability and longevity and the huge amount of aftermarket support.

Agreed. I'd rather buy an 03 with 5000km on it for $3000. Same bike except colour, leaves more cash for upgrades.

^close, but I wouldn't pay a dime over over 8 large. 7.5 would close the deal for me.
$2100 all in is a rip for the pipe..shop around and you would find a much better deal.

Last edited:

You can get the dual yosh for well under 2k online shipped to your door.
I understand where you're coming from but no one will buy that for even what you mentioned. And if someone does I'm sure when they decide to sell it their ad will also end up in this thread.

Also.. with regards to $8600 otd. No one is going to pay for the tax or freight/pdi etc.. that YOU paid when you got it. It's not an $8600 bike it's a $6999 bike new. We will be paying tax when we register the used vehicle so that has no need to be factored into the "used" price. Can't expect to recoup those costs.

And again with the pipe. He would be much better off returning the bike to stock and selling the pipe separately. You cannot expect mods to add the full value on top of the bike. Just doesn't work that way. I have a feeling he's keeping it unless the price is lowered significantly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom