Stupid **** on kijiji | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupid **** on kijiji

Kawyman

(I'm sure this has been talked about before, but it's early in the morning and I'm bored)

I'm a little bit of a kijiji whore, I'm on it all the time just checking out what deals are out there, and what crap people try and sell, I see so many ads that have the same bs written in the description,

WHY ? Do people post ads with a POS vehicle and put that all it needs is a part that cost less the $100 to get it to run amazing, yet the owner won't pony up and just fix the issue and sell a running bike, quad... Whatever there selling..

i don't get why you'd say something like " bike ran mint 4 years ago, doesn't run now, took it to a shop and all it needs is a part that's $34 to get it running" selling as is for $3000...
I see ads like that and just shake my head..

If it doesn't run/work just say doesn't run, and sell for an appropriate price, don't add some retarded story along with it,

does anyone or has anyone ever bought one of these deals where all it needs is a $25 part and it fired right up and you were like "damn" what a sweet deal?

Second stupid ad description that I see is, bike was dropped by previous owner ??? The bike has some damage, why does it matter who dropped it ? You, previous owner, your buddy, your dads friends mother ?? Who cares ?? It's a dropped bike and it doesn't matter if you did or the last guy, someone dropped it and now the bike either has some rash/ damage or its been dropped and fixed, someone please shed some light on why the previous owner dropping it matters in selling a bike ?

Some people's time is worth more than it would take to fix something they're no longer interested in, or they're inherently lazy. Either way. Not everyone is a cash strapped young person, so don't read too much into the ad.

As for the drop issue, no one wants to be known as the guy that didn't take care of their bike, looks bad from a sales tactic pov, so they say the previous owner was a jerk and now they're the holier mecca of an owner that saved the bike from those pesky 'dropped in driveway while being washed' scum.

Unless you're actively buying something, browsing classifieds is just frustrating.

Yes there are deals to be had but you have to know what you're looking for and have at least some skill in fixing things up, bike or otherwise.

Sent using the interweb

By stating the previous owner dropped it, what they are telling you is that is what dropped once but I rode it with no problems; the rashes/scrapes do not affect the functionality.

I follow the bike section quite closely. I'm on the lookout for parts and I like to keep tabs on the values of bikes. I am a bit of a horse trader and restorer/flipper so if I see something I can make some coin on I could be interested.

I have bought and sold several bikes over the last few years and I do find it is starting to be quite an annoying process. When selling you tend to get a lot of nuisance calls, lowball offers and no shows. It doesn't matter that you state in the ad. clearly what you are looking for, i.e. fixed amount, no lowball offers,no trades whatever, they always seem to be ignored.

On the buying side it can be worse, as many do not reply to your inquiry or when you ask for more information or detail you get criptic or very vague responses.

You have to wade through a lot of nonsense these days but often you can score a gem.

Cheers.

Shouldn't this be in Romper Room? Doesn't have much to do with bikes.

Often people will list a vehicle that only needs some $100 part because they've already put 100's of those $100 parts on and they're just tired of dealing with it. You buy it for way less than they put into it, put that $100 part on to have it back on the road. You get a good deal and they lose out financially in return for less hassle.

Unless you're actively buying something, browsing classifieds is just frustrating.

This. If you're not buying why do you give a ****?

You could piss away your whole life reading stupid pointless **** on the internet and then coming here to complain about it.

Second stupid ad description that I see is, bike was dropped by previous owner ??? The bike has some damage, why does it matter who dropped it ? You, previous owner, your buddy, your dads friends mother ?? Who cares ?? It's a dropped bike and it doesn't matter if you did or the last guy, someone dropped it and now the bike either has some rash/ damage or its been dropped and fixed, someone please shed some light on why the previous owner dropping it matters in selling a bike ?

mostly because no one wants to admit it was them. its a way of brushing off the damage and also hiding some of the more important parts that they fixed.
kinda like : "ya its just the bar ends that got scratched and the top of the tripple trees... the plastics are all mint except one has a little scratch.."

saw a 2011 gsxr that looked like it had been totaled. he patched up most of the plastics, sprayed it and threw a new decal kit on, there was overspray everywhere. horrible repair job. the exhaust was all scraped and tonnes of other more expensive parts.
he basically covered what he could on a tight budget.

I sure do like awesome running bikes that just need a carb clean and maybe a tiny adjustment :)

Last edited:
This. If you're not buying why do you give a ****?

You could piss away your whole life reading stupid pointless **** on the internet and then coming here to complain about it.

Complain about it here and then someone will just comment about complaining, Lol. Gotta complain here cause no one else will listen at 6:45am :)

My bike was dropped by previous owner.
Since then, the bike has probably been way more loved since then. The previous owner was also riding around on some thrashed front suspension and his fix it paint job didnt look so awesome in the daylight compared to his garage.

Since I've owned it, I've rebuilt the rear wiring harness, it's had the suspension rebuilt, had a proper paint job and some hidden damage fixed and a few upgrades. So to me it would matter if it was the previous owner that dropped it as I've taken much more care of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom