Stunt Driving on private property? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stunt Driving on private property?

The chain is a fuzzy barrier. It may only keep some people out and it may not contain bits from exploding engines or fireballs of fuel. There are reasonable grounds to protect the public from a dangerous activity. That also gets fuzzy as just because it involves a motor vehicle it doesn't mean a HTA offense.

Could a person popping a wheelie on a 50 foot driveway in suburbia could lose control and injure a bystander? I say yes.

There could also be two different charges, HTA stunt driving or crimnal code dangerous driving. As much as I detest HTA 172 it beats a criminal charge.
I am not morally opposed to 172. I am morally opposed to the majority of the penalty being administered prior to a chance in court to determine if there was sufficient evidence that you should be found guilty. Move all penalties until after court. Easy. Hell, increase the penalties for all I care.

It would be interesting to see how much it cost the average driver for 172 vs dangerous driving. You probably get a lawyer for DD but you may also want one for 172 and 172 had the big financial (and logistical) penalty up front. In the majority of cases, 172 ends up with a speeding conviction and I think most dangerous end up with a careless conviction. Not sure of insurance implications of one vs the other. I expect similar.

I am not morally opposed to 172. I am morally opposed to the majority of the penalty being administered prior to a chance in court to determine if there was sufficient evidence that you should be found guilty. Move all penalties until after court. Easy. Hell, increase the penalties for all I care.

It would be interesting to see how much it cost the average driver for 172 vs dangerous driving. You probably get a lawyer for DD but you may also want one for 172 and 172 had the big financial (and logistical) penalty up front. In the majority of cases, 172 ends up with a speeding conviction and I think most dangerous end up with a careless conviction. Not sure of insurance implications of one vs the other. I expect similar.
Crossing the border or applying for a job, "Have you ever been CHARGED with a criminal offense?"

Ditto on the punishment after conviction. Isn't that why we have judges?

Back
Top Bottom