Stuck in 6th gear..... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stuck in 6th gear.....

09/D-675

So I was riding into work this morning and was unable to gear down from 6th gear. Now I'm stuck there, and unable to gear down at all. Not quite sure what the issue is. Thank god i wasn't far from home when it happened, was able to get it home but dont know where to take it or tow it in the BARRIE area. It's 2009 Triumph Daytona 675. Can anyone help me with a mechanic or something. Don't want to take it to GP, called J and R in Stayner but no answer, sent an email and no response yet.
HELP!!!!!

Two things come to mind. Check the shifter linkage on the left side of the bike - if it's loose, it may have unthreaded itself to the point where it's interfering with something and physically stuck. If that's the case you can probably fix it yourself in about 15 seconds with an 8 or 10mm wrench.

The other thing is a bent fork in the transmission ... it's unlikely, but expensive to fix.

Not sure if it has a cable clutch or hydarulic, but does the clutch fully disengage?

I reckon a screw driver and a shovel will do the trick!

something simple u can try: check the nuts on the selector shaft... they may have come loose and the shaft may have worked itself up or down. just rotate the shaft again to correct it and tighten the nuts back up

also there was a recall on certain vin #'s for the shaft.. check with your dealer.. your bike may be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom