strap down the bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

strap down the bike

My first couple of trailers didn’t have chocks. I would use a longer strap to do a v from the back of the trailer hook up through the front rim back to the other hook. Then I just made a wood chock. The idea was to stop the front wheel from trying to turn or slide when hitting potholes or any big bumps. I personally ratchet the bike very tight if I can so the trailer suspension does all the work. If anything moves a bit it will work itself looser over every movement.

I personally ratchet the bike very tight if I can so the trailer suspension does all the work.

...watch those fork seals, then... They aren't meant to hold that much sustained pressure. I've seen folks crank those ratchets so tight only to find it's caused a leak.

If you are worried about the open end hook of a strap coming off, put a small piece of duct tape over it. Works the same as a carabiner.

...watch those fork seals, then... They aren't meant to hold that much sustained pressure. I've seen folks crank those ratchets so tight only to find it's caused a leak.

Learned the hard way on a CB550k just one extra crank equaled a new set of bars. Never lost a seal as yet.

Back
Top Bottom