Steam cleaner? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Steam cleaner?

jannes

Hello,
I am looking for a steam cleaner, with which I can clean my carpet, tiles, etc.
Who has experience with such a device or could recommend me a good one, the market is very wide...The price plays a minor role, thought spending around 150$ for it.

I use a "Hoover Smartwash" to clean my father in laws carpet (he is really dirty,gets done every month!) I tried a Bissell that was about $250,but it was a pile of crap.Did a ok job when it worked.It was very difficult to take apart and clean/repair as well.
The Hoover was about $400,but it is awesome.I do full carpet cleans,spot cleans with the attachments (great for car interiors) and it works good on my racedeck garage floor where my wife parks her car in the winter.It comes apart in seconds to clean.
You get what you pay for.
71F9TLgQAdL._SX425_.jpg

They rent them at some of the big name grocery and hardware stores & that should work within your budget.

my dad repaired vacuums for a living until he retired, the Bissell is JUNK, constantly in for repairs and cheaply built. steer clear. Hoovers are built much better and a pleasure to work on.

If you want to purchase one, as recommended get a Hoover. We tried a Bissell and it indeed was junk.

If you have to ask the question, I'd suggest you get a pro to do your carpets - your carpets will thanks you. Ask them for residential bonneting, not HWC (steam cleaning).

Wingboy mentioned the cheapest DIY solution. Even that isn't ideal, your carpets will resoil twice as fast after any steam or DIY clean.

we have no carpet left in the house, its all hardwood and ceramic. I couln't be happier. I had an electro-lux for year which was pretty good.

Renting one is kind of gross...it could have been used puke, blood, bed bugs...God knows what else. Bought this a year ago, it really works well and keeps on working. Get yourself Tide liquid for high efficiency machines (High Efficiency doesn't sud) and save yourself a ton of money on their expensive carpet cleaners. Don't use regular liquid or you'll be in for a sudsy mess!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Renting one is kind of gross...it could have been used puke, blood, bed bugs...God knows what else. Bought this a year ago, it really works well and keeps on working. Get yourself Tide liquid for high efficiency machines (High Efficiency doesn't sud) and save yourself a ton of money on their expensive carpet cleaners. Don't use regular liquid or you'll be in for a sudsy mess!

Hope that one keeps working well for you.The Bissell i had was a pile of junk.Google carpet shampooer repairs and most of the results will be Bissell.

Hope that one keeps working well for you.The Bissell i had was a pile of junk.Google carpet shampooer repairs and most of the results will be Bissell.
What I've noticed is that people who have a lot of loose matter on/in their carpet or just old carpeting are having problems with this machine. Worst case scenario is if you have a shedding pet...which is kind of ironic as that's what it's made for. I don't have either and it works like magic every time and doesn't lose suction. It does come with cleaning tools, and it's probably true that most people don't want to use them.

Hi
Ive bout a steam cleaner a few weeks ago and I am very happy with it... I have a big one from Kärcher (Kärcher T 12/1 vacuum cleaner | ▤ Full Specification), it cost 300$. The steam cleaner has a large tank, 2.64 gal and can also be refilled during work. It is also handy, agile and not too heavy. A lot of accessories were also included.
For cleaning joints, corners and surfaces in which you otherwise can not get the steam cleaner works very well. Fats, oils and thin layers of dirt are easily cleaned with a steam cleaner, but anything that caked, calcified, etc. you must clean with additional cleaning detergents.

The Bissel and Hoover units are OK, but they are not a substitute for professional cleaning. DIY carpet cleaning isn't like DIY car washing, it does take a lot of training and experience to restore carpets properly. A pro removes stains, soils and rejuvenates carpet pile. You can't get the same results as a pro with the chemicals and machines available to a homeowner.

Pros use bonneting machines and encapsulating cleaners, these are not available to homeowners -- good thing because they can destroy carpets and walls in a second. DIY carpet cleaning is typically HWC (hot water extraction, AKA steam cleaners) no training is required plus the machine and chemicals are cheap -- kinda like what a rattlecan in the garage is to the spray gun in a booth. HWC comes with tradeoffs, the main ones being backing stretch and rapid resoiling.

1) Wall to wall carpet is stretched taught when installed, wetting out the carpet backing relaxes the carpet and after it dries it will have stretched and lost tension. This varies based on how much water was poured in during cleaning. It's common to see folds and bumps in carpets that have been HWC cleaned a few times. Not a problem for area rugs

2) When you wet out the carpet, gravity takes up to 1/2 the water/cleaning solution into the carpet backing, the vacuum won't get these out. That's not a problem now as those soils are trapped where you can't see them. As you walk on that new carpet, the residual cleaning agents continue working for months -- they pull soils trapped in teh backing up into the pile, AND they clean soils from shoes and feet walking across them. You will notice carpets cleaned with HWC need cleaning about twice as often, maybe more n high traffic areas. TIP: if you are cleaning rugs, do both sides.

Back
Top Bottom