State Farm vs TD quotes | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm vs TD quotes

ajatt

Site Supporter
Recently just got a quote for my 06 zx6r from both state farm and TD I'm shocked at the difference, I'm 25 and have a perfect clean driving record m2 for 1 full year as well, SF rate about 2000/yr full coverage, can you guess TD? 8000$/yr! I asked the person on the phone about why it was so high she just said different companies assess bikes differently I left it at that just thought I'd share my story

Last edited:
Same problem here clean record and TD was double the price
And m2 for 1 year

TD is stupid expensive for cars too
im switching company for my car

24yr old, no tickets, no accidents, G2 since 17 same w/ insurance
im paying 4150 a year for a 2009 lancer
when i turn 25 TD will still charge me 4050 a year

like serious TD GTFO

people say state farm is expensive but statefarm is 1/2 the price of td

Opposite for me SF quoted me $1400 for full coverage and TD was $800. CB500F - 25 Male, clean record, M.

late 20's, clean record on an 08 1000RR, $1050 w/ State Farm, $2400 for TD

2004 r6 with SF $1500, TD $4000. I believe when it comes to SS bikes TD is not the company to go with.

Personally: 28 with '03 R6, licensed 5 years, 2 things on my abstract, 1350$/year with SF.

My gf is with TD and the only reason she gets good rates on her car and bike is because she's part of the group rates from Brock University.

I recently signed up with SF and when my agent asked me who she's with, I told him the above and he didn't even bother trying to get her to switch to his branch. He knew TD Group rates are extremely hard to beat.

Last edited:
If you are 30, and have an M - call AllState. Even with a $250 surcharge for motorcycle only policy, they came in 430$ cheaper then TD. TD was lower than SF/Manthra/Jevco/Duffy for a 2005 GSXR 600.

Recently just got a quote for my 06 zx6r from both state farm and TD I'm shocked at the difference, I'm 25 and have a perfect clean driving record m2 for 1 full year as well, SF rate about 2000/yr full coverage, can you guess TD? 8000$/yr! I asked the person on the phone about why it was so high she just said different companies assess bikes differently I left it at that just thought I'd share my story

same info as you, $1000 with SF, but i have my hyundai accent with them as well.

If you are 30, and have an M - call AllState. Even with a $250 surcharge for motorcycle only policy, they came in 430$ cheaper then TD. TD was lower than SF/Manthra/Jevco/Duffy for a 2005 GSXR 600.

I wonder if its legal to even charge for only having a bike with them..I know that insurance compainies have to offer polices on all road legal vehicles that might be tied selling of some kind....

I wonder if its legal to even charge for only having a bike with them..I know that insurance compainies have to offer polices on all road legal vehicles that might be tied selling of some kind....
They could justify it as being a multi-line discount. If you're bike-only, you don't get the discount. Just speculating.

As has been mentioned many times it's because SF charges by engine size and not bike type. A ZX6 will be cheaper to insure than a 650R on SF because the ZX6 is 600cc vs 650cc even though the 650 is about half the HP.

Also, if you're outside Toronto they aren't bad but I found The Personal to be significantly lower than SF and the SF rep flat out told me their Toronto rates are terrible.

The only nice part about getting old. I'm 35, haven't had a bike insured in 8 years and td was cheaper for me by a landslide. 2012 gsxr 600, 1900 for the year fully covered. The guy I deal with mentioned that it would go down next year for sure as long as I don't get any tickets/accidents this year. I work with a guy who went through the same. Long break from riding and they stuck it to him for a season and he's 53. He said it went down the following year.

Back
Top Bottom