State Farm Policy Update? | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm Policy Update?

acernec

A friend of mine received a call from his SF agent telling him they will not renew the insurance on his gsxr 750 unless he puts another vehicle on his policy. He has a clean record and has been insured with them since 07. I don't know if this some sort of scam from the agent or if SF changing their policy on SS bikes.

A friend of mine received a call from his SF agent telling him they will not renew the insurance on his gsxr 750 unless he puts another vehicle on his policy. He has a clean record and has been insured with them since 07. I don't know if this some sort of scam from the agent or if SF changing their policy on SS bikes.

Thats is illegal and your freind should find a new agent and report this to the Insurance Ombudsman. You can Also contact state farms compliance department to report this agent . 1-877-370-3276. Please come back to this thread and let us know how it turned out.

The reason this is illegal is because State farm have a take all comers policy . That means that they will give you any policy standalone no matter how small. That’s the way they filed their Business model with the Canadian Insurance system. They cannot legally go against it.

Thats is illegal and your freind should find a new agent and report this to the Insurance Ombudsman. You can Also contact state farms compliance department to report this agent . 1-877-370-3276. Please come back to this thread and let us know how it turned out.

The reason this is illegal is because State farm have a take all comers policy . That means that they will give you any policy standalone no matter how small. That’s the way they filed their Business model with the Canadian Insurance system. They cannot legally go against it.

Thanks for this info. I'm going to pass it over to my friend and let you know the outcome.

When I got my bike, State Farm tried to pull that one on me too. I told them, my boyfriend is insured with them and has car insurance with a different company, so I don't understand why it would be different for myself. The agent said she would call me back... 5 mins later I got a call and she said all was fine and they would insure me.
I've now been insured with them for almost 3 months and already having issues. I agreed to pay $147/month...
First month... $147
Second month... $189... Asked why that was, and was told it was an error and I would be credited the diff the following month and I would continue to pay $147
Today... I received a notice that my monthly payments will now be $167. Their reasoning... Bike insurance is just going up... For no good reason.
At this point, I'm irritated and will be shopping around!

Back
Top Bottom