Start insurance end of riding season? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Start insurance end of riding season?

DR.ZED

Had an injury that has healed a lot quicker than I anticipated.

6 weeks ago I pulled the insurance off the bike thinking I wasn't going to be on it for the year.

Turns out I'll be ready in about 4 weeks.

What are my options? Full premium right now for the balance of the year?

Had an injury that has healed a lot quicker than I anticipated.

6 weeks ago I pulled the insurance off the bike thinking I wasn't going to be on it for the year.

Turns out I'll be ready in about 4 weeks.

What are my options? Full premium right now for the balance of the year?

Your premiums wont really change unless your birthday is coming or a ticket/conviction is going off your record. If everything is staying the same, i doubt your rates would change much.

E.G. Lets say your rate is $1500/year

It should be roughly the same regardless if you start from now (2011) to next year (2012) July 4th or December 1st (2011) till next year December 1st (2012).

Okay, so I still have to come up with the $950 right away, or quarterly I guess?

Is there a bike insurance company comparible to Jevco at $950 that I can pay quarterly or monthly?

Okay, so I still have to come up with the $950 right away, or quarterly I guess?

Is there a bike insurance company comparible to Jevco at $950 that I can pay quarterly or monthly?

Jevco offers 4 Payments, TD offers 7 payments i think and statefarm offers month to month. So give them a try.

Just because its 4 payments doesn't mean its quarterly though, they want it consecutively.

depending on what your policy is, I just went through this with SF, in May I put insurance on a new bike, but since they are 6 month policies, the first 6 months is extra $$ b/c its during riding season. So even though I pay about $1200 a year, its really $1000 during the summer 6 months and $200 during the winter. They told me it was $100/month billed monthly. Boy was I surprised at the first couple bills. They'll use the extra premium paid in winter months to cover the following year summer months, but not vise versa, so just a heads up.

depending on what your policy is, I just went through this with SF, in May I put insurance on a new bike, but since they are 6 month policies, the first 6 months is extra $$ b/c its during riding season. So even though I pay about $1200 a year, its really $1000 during the summer 6 months and $200 during the winter. They told me it was $100/month billed monthly. Boy was I surprised at the first couple bills. They'll use the extra premium paid in winter months to cover the following year summer months, but not vise versa, so just a heads up.

Yep and this is why you sometimes owe them money if you cancel before your policy expiration date.

Back
Top Bottom