SS resale prices | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS resale prices

What a scam

With the news of statefarm raising rates on SS bikes to a point where many people will be unable to afford it, do you guys see any impact on SS resale prices in Ontario? It seems to me that there will be a much smaller number of people looking for these bikes now that it is so expensive to insure.

Direct answer to your question is YES. Demand to own any bike will drop if either the price of the bike or the price to insure it rises significantly. New and resale values of super sport bikes will drop as the industry bands together and unifies their rates, now that the lone wolf has left town.

wth
I thought with all these new systems e.g. graduated licenses was supposed to REDUCE our rates since we are creating safer smarter drivers.
So does this mean grad lic is pointless??? lol

wth
I thought with all these new systems e.g. graduated licenses was supposed to REDUCE our rates since we are creating safer smarter drivers.
So does this mean grad lic is pointless??? lol

No, it allows insurance to gouge young people, immigrants and older people who didn't get their license at 16.

TD is getting out of bikes and blacklist is growing. What's the answer? Move! 18 yo female, brand new rider, GSX-R 600, $380 / year in Oregon full coverage. No sales tax either.

TD is getting out of bikes and blacklist is growing. What's the answer? Move! 18 yo female, brand new rider, GSX-R 600, $380 / year in Oregon full coverage. No sales tax either.

TD is not getting out of bikes. I have my bike with them. They are simply restructuring and moving the bike business from TD insurance to TDGI, (TD General Insurance), a different division. Yes the rates in the US are considerably lower but you can't really compare their "full coverage" to our full coverage. In most cases the limits are a LOT lower.

Last edited:

if this is true, why are they still accepting new clients ???

TD is getting out of bikes. I have my bike with them. They are simply restructuring and moving the bike business from TD insurance to TDGI, (TD General Insurance), a different division. Yes the rates in the US are considerably lower but you can't really compare their "full coverage" to our full coverage. In most cases the limits are a LOT lower.

is td getting out of insuring bikes or not? seems people are posting differing opinions here????

is td getting out of insuring bikes or not? seems people are posting differing opinions here????

No, they are not. I have my bike and car with them. I called and asked, Hedo is right, they are restructuring, bikes will be tdgi. I didn't ask about ss bikes as I ride a Versys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I got a letter about 1 mnoth ago, telling me my bike was being transferred from TD Insurance to TDGI. Plain and simple. NO insurer has said they "are getting put of bikes" SF/Desjardins are raising their rates considerably on SS bikes but that does NT mean they are "getting out of bikes". It simply means they are bringing their rates closer in line with competitiors. But if your young and ride an SS it "may" feel like like SF is getting out of bikes as you can no longer afford your insurance. This has caused the chicken little syndrome, to kick into high gear. ZX600 posted in another thread he actually saved $600 per year over what he was paying SF with AVIVA.

TD is getting out of bikes. I have my bike with them. They are simply restructuring and moving the bike business from TD insurance to TDGI, (TD General Insurance), a different division. Yes the rates in the US are considerably lower but you can't really compare their "full coverage" to our full coverage. In most cases the limits are a LOT lower.

No, they are not. I have my bike and car with them. I called and asked, Hedo is right, they are restructuring, bikes will be tdgi. I didn't ask about ss bikes as I ride a Versys.

ok so there is a typo in hedo's post when he said "TD is getting out of bikes".....(could see the contradiction in his post) and he meant to say ..TD is NOT getting out of bikes. I will be calling TD directly to confirm what the restructuring means...especially for SS bikes.

No I got a letter about 1 mnoth ago, telling me my bike was being transferred from TD Insurance to TDGI. Plain and simple. NO insurer has said they "are getting put of bikes" SF/Desjardins are raising their rates considerably on SS bikes but that does NT mean they are "getting out of bikes". It simply means they are bringing their rates closer in line with competitiors. But if your young and ride an SS it "may" feel like like SF is getting out of bikes as you can no longer afford your insurance. This has caused the chicken little syndrome, to kick into high gear. ZX600 posted in another thread he actually saved $600 per year over what he was paying SF with AVIVA.

Going to call TD to see if they will be insuring SS bikes under the restructure and if so....what the rates will be.

Going to call TD to see if they will be insuring SS bikes under the restructure and if so....what the rates will be.

Yes sorry I corrected my other post it was typo it now says TD is NOT getting out of bikes. Yes please report back what the quote from TD is. Would be nice to see an actual comparison of a TD quote and a competeing "new" quote fro SF/desjardins, for the same SS bike.

Last edited:
fyi.....the TD online quote for my SS charges the same rates as last years State Farm rates (for a solo policy/not sure what the multi vehicle discount is if you add a car policy).....

Last edited:
fyi.....the TD online quote for my SS charges the same rates as last years State Farm rates (for a solo policy/not sure what the multi vehicle discount is if you add a car policy).....

Just remember the online quotes are known for being terribly unreliable. They are often out by hundreds of dollars. I don't even know why they are still online.

Just remember the online quotes are known for being terribly unreliable. They are often out by hundreds of dollars. I don't even know why they are still online.

I don't get this. Every single online quote was within a few dollars with the actual policy when I signed.

Back
Top Bottom