Spring summer 2020 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spring summer 2020

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Seems we are up for an early mix of both.
Lovely out today but back to 29 the next couple of days.

I see they made the one place at the Forks take awy their chairs and picnic tables :(

A few bikes out. OPP are being brutal on [parking. Too many of them around here. Better when Hockley opens again as then nice run to River ROad and points north. ?

Seems we are up for an early mix of both.
Lovely out today but back to 29 the next couple of days.

I see they made the one place at the Forks take awy their chairs and picnic tables :(

A few bikes out. OPP are being brutal on [parking. Too many of them around here. Better when Hockley opens again as then nice run to River ROad and points north.

I heard that River Road is pretty much out of commission.

I thought it was just a section, but was told that there is a bridge under construction.

Rob

Was up at a chip truck in Coboconk 3 weeks ago....they had their picnic tables out and seating area (old McDonalds tables concreted into the ground) open. Everyone was doing pretty good keeping their space and only people who arrived together seemed to be sitting together.

Went back last weekend and apparently someone complained....all the tables were barricaded off, picnic tables upside down, signs all over the place telling people to stay apart etc.

Was up at a chip truck in Coboconk 3 weeks ago....they had their picnic tables out and seating area (old McDonalds tables concreted into the ground) open. Everyone was doing pretty good keeping their space and only people who arrived together seemed to be sitting together.

Went back last weekend and apparently someone complained....all the tables were barricaded off, picnic tables upside down, signs all over the place telling people to stay apart etc.

Well can you blame them?

Leave the tables accessible and the next thing you know families are enjoying a snack together...TOGETHER!!!!!!!

Or some responsible adults are sitting outside within shouting distance of EACH OTHER!

OMG..the horrors!!

PLEASE WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

CLOSE EVERYTHING! LOCK THEM INSIDE THEIR HOUSES!

PLEASE...CALL IN THE ARMY!!!!!

IF THEY DISOBEY SHOOT THEM!

Or we could all take a deep breath (being careful not exhale vigorously and moistly on anybody) and acknowledge that MOST of us will abide and respect the physical distancing and take all necessary precautions to be safe and the others simply won't and will get sick to some degree.

I don't disagree. But we only need look at Toronto's Covid19 numbers to realize that there's a lot of ignorant people amongst us who can't or won't follow the rules, and the result is clear as day.

I don't disagree. But we only need look at Toronto's Covid19 numbers to realize that there's a lot of ignorant people amongst us who can't or won't follow the rules, and the result is clear as day.

I'm not entirely sure. The difference between 300 new cases and 400 new cases is really small as a percentage of the population. I'd be interested where those cases are recorded and under what circumstances. I've no doubt they were community transmitted, but I'd be curious as to how many were a cluster and the circumstances of transmission. I'd expect all transmission took place indoors and/or confined spaces.

My obviously facetious post was specifically in reference to the notion of denying people the opportunity to sit down outside, relax and enjoy some fresh air and normalcy in the most distressing time of (most of) our lives.

It is after all, outside. The air circulation is such that the potential virus load at an old McDonald's table in the normal breeze and sunshine is practically nil.

I read that Cobourg has closed its beach until August 31, so it's closed for the entire summer. There was a petition circulated in the town to convince council to do so and apparently it convinced them.

While many of my neighbors (I live in Port Hope) look at the usual crowds on that beach and park and see "outsiders" from Toronto, Brampton etc. using the space for the whole day, packing in their food and not buying anything locally, I see families of modest means taking a break from their day-to-day accommodations in crowded urban neighborhoods enjoying a well kept piece of parkland with their extended family.

I just think it's crappy and paternalistic to assume that people are not capable of looking after themselves responsibly given all the warnings and precautions we've heard about DAILY since this started.

I agree that some people will get sick, and some of them in spite of being responsible. But I would bet that nearly no one will contract the virus outside while being vigilant.

I just think it's crappy and paternalistic to assume that people are not capable of looking after themselves responsibly given all the warnings and precautions we've heard about DAILY since this started.

Trinity Bellwoods? Current ongoing protests?

Outside doesn't magically make the virus disappear, a table outside and a table inside has the same capability to spread covid-19.
People use it, touch it, touch their face or food. Who eats fries with a fork?

Let’s not forget. It wasn’t the plan to stop the spread. It was the plan to slow it down so it became manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s not forget. It wasn’t the plan to stop the spread. It was the plan to slow it down so it became manageable.

Someone should remind the premier.

I've been surprised and supportive of his actions up to now, but it's time for Stage 2. I'm not sure if he's waiting for numbers to fall to zero, or just some unrealistic 100-200 figure, but from everything I've heard and read the hospitals are having pretty much zero issue managing things, with most empty for that matter except in few hot spots.

Tables may also be a liability issue and possibly an issue with cleaning them down after every person uses them.

Tables may also be a liability issue and possibly an issue with cleaning them down after every person uses them.

Tables are wiped down anyways and if the place is legally open there is certainly no liability. It would be impossible to prove where an infection was picked up ....especially this one.

••••••••••••
Was very nice to sit outside and have a burger yesterday at Super Burger in Shelburne. People were distancing and I carry a little bottle of disinfectant for my hands. Decent burger too.
1591367859935.png not pics from yesterday.Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at Jun, 5    2020    10.38.49 AM.jpg

Hoping the Forks opens up a bit for sitting this weekend.

Last edited:
Allistonfjr said:
We won't pull a New Zealand out of the hat ...they have basically eliminated the virus entirely.
Especially with the US mess to the south.

I suspect we will see some regional easing off before Toronto.

Someone should remind the premier.

I've been surprised and supportive of his actions up to now, but it's time for Stage 2. I'm not sure if he's waiting for numbers to fall to zero, or just some unrealistic 100-200 figure, but from everything I've heard and read the hospitals are having pretty much zero issue managing things, with most empty for that matter except in few hot spots.
They still have covid patients on ventilators and other not at that stage (yet).

It is hardly a surge though.

Over 300 new cases for the third day in a row. And with all the protests, its going to get worse.
Stay the **** at home!

It's going to be a good ride weekend, I can feel it in my bones.

Stay the **** at home!

You know we've kind of moved beyond that stage, right? Rental cottages and AirB&B's etc etc are open again. Stores are open. Restaurants are reopening next week at some point.

We don't need to cower in our hoses anymore. We just need to not be stupid when we're out and about.

@PrivatePilot looks like his ears were burning.

About time.

We won't pull a New Zealand out of the hat ...they have basically eliminated the virus entirely.
Especially with the US mess to the south.

I suspect we will see some regional easing off before Toronto.

The population of the GTA is about the same as NZ. Now if we could dig a very wide moat around us we would have a far better chance of matching NZ's single active case. Too many Trinity Bellheads here for it to work.

Zero is a pipe dream and Rt less than 1 the present goal. The problem is that this is very easily transmitted so a small increase in transfer rate really ramps up the curve.

BTW drove through the forks Thursday and a lot of sideroads and lanes were closed off. A good number of cruisers at Belfountain but I'm not sure what was open.

You know we've kind of moved beyond that stage, right? Rental cottages and AirB&B's etc etc are open again. Stores are open. Restaurants are reopening next week at some point.

We don't need to cower in our hoses anymore. We just need to not be stupid when we're out and about.

About time.

Unfortunately the average person has been shown to be quite stupid.

I went to get shawarma and the two guys preparing food had masks around their necks and got visibly irritated that we were wearing masks because they couldn't hear my order even though I was pointing at toppings I wanted.
Also kept yelling directly into the food and toppings as they prepared everything.

It's up to yourself for your own safety.

Back
Top Bottom