Spring is in the..... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spring is in the.....

The weather is looking nicer.But i'm not sure what they are smoking at the Weather Network,Check out next saturday.
Annotation%202019-03-24%20061230_zpskic6ladl.jpg
Weather Network looks an awful lot better than Accuweather for Saturday!

My point in posting it was the -60 on saturday.

has anyone been commuting into the city in the morning? had the bike out on the weekend. roads have cleaned up pretty nice (minus the potholes) just worried more about the negative temps in mornings.

has anyone been commuting into the city in the morning? had the bike out on the weekend. roads have cleaned up pretty nice (minus the potholes) just worried more about the negative temps in mornings.
Almost everyday. No issues!

Last edited:
Almost everyday. No issues!
You're either a champ, or I'm just a pu$$y! Do you have heated grips or insulated gloves? It's my hands that are the main concern with (-) digits in the AM. Half way to work my finger tips go numb and I can't even feel the brake/clutch lever ?. Leather gaunlet gloves also, not mesh perf ones

been commuting for the past few weeks. long johns and glove liners underneath windproof gloves is key. i dont have heated grips or anything.

You're either a champ, or I'm just a pu$$y! Do you have heated grips or insulated gloves? It's my hands that are the main concern with (-) digits in the AM. Half way to work my finger tips go numb and I can't even feel the brake/clutch lever ?. Leather gaunlet gloves also, not mesh perf ones

I've been commuting all year, with on and off days in Jan- Feb, what made this year easier is the heated glove liners I bought in January which lets me ride till -7. My commute in rush hour from U of T campus in Scarborough to Downtown is around an hour, and these gloves keep my fingers warm, they are from Fired Up, I did a thread review on them earlier. Like you I don't have heated grips although that does never help as the knuckles are what get cold and I would never ride below -2 or -3 due to this. These liners are amazing and let you get more rides/commute on your beast during the winter months.

Heated grips and long johns. Sweater and jacket with armor. Only cold part is my finger tips. Can't keep them warm for some reason.

You're either a champ, or I'm just a pu$$y! Do you have heated grips or insulated gloves? It's my hands that are the main concern with (-) digits in the AM. Half way to work my finger tips go numb and I can't even feel the brake/clutch lever . Leather gaunlet gloves also, not mesh perf ones

yea i feel ya...froze my fingers yesterday...holy s***!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Heated grips and long johns. Sweater and jacket with armor. Only cold part is my finger tips. Can't keep them warm for some reason.

You gotta get the liners from Fired Up, Here's my review on them. It will make your cold day rides much more enjoyable.

How's the new 1090?

It took me about 20km of cold hands before I remembered my new bike has heated grips.

ooh its a big beast! but totally in control and confidence inspiring. Doing upcoming Bethany ride on it - the offroad route i hope...cant wait

I should be installing the heated grips too, i bet they make huge difference...
good for you

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

For $180, I'll just freeze
I've had my firedupx heated gloves for five years. I paid $250 at the time. So far that's $50 per year to have warm and dry hands and they're still going strong.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I've had my firedupx heated gloves for five years. I paid $250 at the time. So far that's $50 per year to have warm and dry hands and they're still going strong.

Plugs on mine have gone. Now they're just really thick gloves.

Plugs on mine have gone. Now they're just really thick gloves.
Have you talked to them? They can and usually will fix them.

Back
Top Bottom