Speeding motorcyclist gets 90 Days in jail | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding motorcyclist gets 90 Days in jail

"We all know speed causes death!"
No, sudden deceleration into a solid object causes death.
Isaac Newton said so, and he wasn't the fig cookie dude...

Because the left lane on 407 is often at 140-150 and to pass anyone you will have to go faster.

Also unless you suck at driving/riding, going 155km/h in a straight line with infinite visibility on a flat terrain with no hidden intersections is not dangerous. Again, unless you suck at operating the vehicle.

Not that I'd ever break the law. The law always makes perfectly 100% sense and we should all follow it. We should also raise the fines for going 50 over to involve capital punishment; this will prevent the speed demons from maiming and murdering innocent children that accidentally walk onto the 407, or the poor driver who just came to Canada and doesn't know how to use signals or check blindspots from turning into someone going 150km/h when they're doing 90km/h. We all know speed causes death!
All great thinking if you know what EVERYONE else is doing (and going to do) at ALL times.

Tell us one good reason where you need to ride/drive at 155 kph on the 407? Are the cars/bikes going 125 - 135 kph going too slow for you and you need to pass them?

Take a valium and relax. I never said I did 155 kph, I just said everyone is doing 125 - 135 kph on the 407 without a fuss and 155 is not too much faster than this. HTA 172 says 50 over, meaning 150 on the 407 is a significant criminal offence, but really, given the normal flow of traffic on the 407 with good sightlines 50 over is not dangerous unless you are weaving in and out of traffic or tailgating someone.

Because the left lane on 407 is often at 140-150 and to pass anyone you will have to go faster.

Ummm... If you're already doing 140-150, what's the need to pass any longer?

The logic behind "but I had to go faster to pass someone!) even when you're already very significantly into illegal speed territory (we're not talking doing 115 to pass someone going 105) goes beyond sensible, and strays firmly into excuses.

If you are doing 140-150,you are part of the problem.We don't have autobahns.

If you are doing 140-150,you are part of the problem.We don't have autobahns.

We have to be honest though and say that on some highways, at certain times, there are foggy lines separating moving with or slightly faster than the flow of traffic (a common practice on the part of motorcycles to avoid being caged in and/or disappearing into blindspots) whilst edging toward HTA172 territory and moving even 20kph above the posted limit and still being a obstructionist pylon.

The 407, as one example, has a mainline design speed of 120kph which is also pretty close to its median speed. Travel at 140kph on sections of that highway is not unnatural or necessarily dangerous. It just looks like it is because our speed limits are so ludicrously and arbitrarily low. In fact, if it is more dangerous than I suggest it's mostly because of speed differentials brought on by a stupid-low posted limit and random and inconsistent speed enforcement that results in some skittish folks traveling a full 20-30kph slower than the median flow and cars and even trucks having to dodge around them. Not to mention the concertina-effect of coming up on a plug of slow-moving traffic because some quavering milquetoasts (or irascible speed limit-fascists) are effectively blocking lanes with slow travel.

All great thinking if you know what EVERYONE else is doing (and going to do) at ALL times.

We both know that's impossible. This applies to both track and public roads. There is a solution to this though: autonomous driving with a VANET.

Ummm... If you're already doing 140-150, what's the need to pass any longer?

The logic behind "but I had to go faster to pass someone!) even when you're already very significantly into illegal speed territory (we're not talking doing 115 to pass someone going 105) goes beyond sensible, and strays firmly into excuses.

I already stated my logic before: I don't suck at operating a motor vehicle to the point where I'll **** my pants and wipe somebody out going 150+to pass someone in a straight line, with no blindspots or intersections, and an escape path (e.g. shoulder or extra lane.) Our speed limits are set to accommodate a ridiculously low skill floor for people who frankly suck complete balls at driving.

But again, I seriously don't break the law because the only time I drive now is to get groceries and there is no way to be going 50+ the speed limit on local GTA roads without risking ramming into someone/something.

Back
Top Bottom