Sonic Cycle Salvage London On | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sonic Cycle Salvage London On

bolly

a big thanks to Kawboy10 for turning me onto these guys for RZ500 parts, thanks man they had some!!!

So I email Adam, about 3 times, telephne him 3 times and he assures me he has a couple fairing bits I need, this is what he says; "Left seat fairing $75 or $125 for a mint original one".

He says he real busy so I guess that's why I don't see any pics that I'd asked for.... anyways... I make the trip, arrive, seem like nice enough people.... and then I see the fairings!!!!

the $75 one is junk and should be melted down, the $125 on isn't much better, actually it's worse than I already have.... I tell Adam I wouldn't have even got out of bed for these parts, let alone waste $60bx in gas and 7 hours of my life!!!

Well, nice enough people I thought so I ask him how he can "compensate" me?

He says he'll take $20 dollars off the price of the best one!!!! I walked out!!!

I wouldn't spend a wooden freakin nickel in that store, nice people for sure!!!!

Bwahahaha at first I thought it was going to be a good review and I am thinking in my head "WTF I never had one good experience there".

Way way way overprice. You go in there and it smells strongly of weed at times. And they must be smoking a lot of pot seeing the prices they ask. A couple times I had to bend over and take it on a couple parts from them because I just didn't have any other option and needed a quick fix. I am continually amazed that they even remain in business. I keep going back (because I am from London) thinking hey maybe this time they won't ask $150 for an air box, or maybe this time they won't want $160 for a fuel pump used in about 10 different models over 20 years USED. Everytime I am wrong. They have had the same ZX7 for sale for about 2 or 3 years now for the same ludicrous price.

Hate to say it. I have tried to deal with them a few times always with the same bad results. I have given up and now dont waste the time making the call. Shame really I spend north of 10K a year in used parts and get 95% out of the US. Canadian wreckers need to pull their heads out of their %^&$ if they want my business especially Sonic.

There is an amazing Japanese motorcycle salvage place in Columbus OH that I went to last year,was looking for a minty mint exhaust for a GPZ 550. These guys were a pleasure to deal with, part was as advertised,and took me on a tour of the place ,filled with old but well kept bikes.

It was well worth the 16 hour drive...if only I could remember what it was called......get back at ya......anyway, it was huge and un-heated...brrr....but if you are into salvage and old classic bikes and just trolling around pointing and saying.." look at that,there's a insert bike/bike part here..that I thought I would never find/haven't seen in years!!

Oh, yes, and it was the best price I found on interwebz searching,they would have shipped as well but an exhaust is pretty big and bulky and pricey so I just drove down.

Sorry to hear about your luck guys!!!I found that the folks at Sonic Cycle were totally.... not able to find anything for parts that I wanted, so I didn't waste my time going there.Ha ha!

Bwahahaha at first I thought it was going to be a good review and I am thinking in my head "WTF I never had one good experience there".

Way way way overprice. You go in there and it smells strongly of weed at times. And they must be smoking a lot of pot seeing the prices they ask. A couple times I had to bend over and take it on a couple parts from them because I just didn't have any other option and needed a quick fix. I am continually amazed that they even remain in business. I keep going back (because I am from London) thinking hey maybe this time they won't ask $150 for an air box, or maybe this time they won't want $160 for a fuel pump used in about 10 different models over 20 years USED. Everytime I am wrong. They have had the same ZX7 for sale for about 2 or 3 years now for the same ludicrous price.

Was thinking the same thing.

They offer dinosaur bikes at new bike prices.

The ZX7 is like a fine wine....
While I do agree with you on that point. A crashed POS ZX7... no. Which theirs sat their fairing less looking like a general POS I ask about the price $3500 no safety...
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...-bikes-1994-Kawasaki-Ninja-W0QQAdIdZ238735020
At least they put fairing back on and it's looking a little more presentable.

But for that money you could get an 03/4 ZX6R same horsepower, lighter...etc... and only 10 years newer.

I love that year of ZX7 though. Next on my list to buy.

I have seen those Sonic guys for years at the bike shows; Outrageous prices for garbage, pure garbage!

Well, when i picked up my 929RR, i sent it to kneedragger88 to service it ken informed me that my TPS was garbage.....so i said to Ken i will find 1 and i did..........................At sonic cycle, paid for it and they said it would be out in the morning to get to Kens shop.......it was 3 weeks and numerous calls....so thats the last i willl even think of them

LOL!! Spelled "Sonic" and "chassis" incorrectly.... Sonic though, that's money.

That was after a few hits........Been trying to deal with these guys (Paul) for years. Every time I ask for a part, they have it but don't have time to look for it and after two days of calling they look for it but can't find it.....I gave up a long time ago.

While I do agree with you on that point. A crashed POS ZX7... no. Which theirs sat their fairing less looking like a general POS I ask about the price $3500 no safety...
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...-bikes-1994-Kawasaki-Ninja-W0QQAdIdZ238735020
At least they put fairing back on and it's looking a little more presentable.

But for that money you could get an 03/4 ZX6R same horsepower, lighter...etc... and only 10 years newer.

I love that year of ZX7 though. Next on my list to buy.

...and only 59K? Seems to me that is expensive for uncertified with 59K and a replacement motor.

they expected me to put thier piece of junk fairing on my machine!!!! morons!!! LOL!

Attachments

• rightwipeddown.jpg
    rightwipeddown.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 51
They are selling my old smashed GSXR 1100 that has a bent frame for $2500 bucks. They wanted 600 bucks for the rotors and calipers. Not sure how this business survives.

BF just went there yesterday for a set of mirrors. Called before he went and they said they were in pristine condition.

They wanted $40 for a set of cracked mirrors that were all scraped up and one had been repainted. How do they survive?

Back
Top Bottom