Some trail riding questions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some trail riding questions

Yeah, i thought it was weird. The quote was from a friend of my wife's who works for a broker in Guelph. I phoned a few other places today. No issues to get quotes for the 250, waiting on 2 now, so far not one will insure the 100.
What does it actually cover? or does anyone know that yet

Make sure you give them the VIN number for the quote. Sometimes things get mixed up .. ie. CR250L in model numbers.

so, UPDATE : I can get insurance for myself on the 250 at a pretty reasonable rate. Desjardins, who write alot of these policies, stopped insuring 150cc and under bikes.

Wawanesa, whom I was told also does it, actually does not differentiate between road bikes and trail. They wouldn't do the 100 because I had listed my stepson as the rider, who has his M2 and my wife, who's M2 expired last year. They require the rider to have had their M license for a minimum of 6 yrs. This was after I gave them both vin #'s.

I'm at a loss, I probably phoned 20 brokers in my area, over 3/4's of them either gave me a flat out "no", or couldn't understand what a trail bike is.

I guess my daughter is gonna have to ride "dirty" for a few years ... lol
https://www.wawanesa.com/canada/

I'm wondering how people insure their atv's and sleds for the trails.

I do know that OFSC requires insurance for trails also.

so, UPDATE : I can get insurance for myself on the 250 at a pretty reasonable rate. Desjardins, who write alot of these policies, stopped insuring 150cc and under bikes.

Wawanesa, whom I was told also does it, actually does not differentiate between road bikes and trail. They wouldn't do the 100 because I had listed my stepson as the rider, who has his M2 and my wife, who's M2 expired last year. They require the rider to have had their M license for a minimum of 6 yrs. This was after I gave them both vin #'s.

I'm at a loss, I probably phoned 20 brokers in my area, over 3/4's of them either gave me a flat out "no", or couldn't understand what a trail bike is.

Canada Home Page
I checked with someone who had a kid on a 150 for the last few years. No luck. It was mostly used on private property (although not their private property) so they never got insurance.

EDIT:
I know my dad has is SxS insured with whoever has his car (it's on his pink slip). It's one of the companies that let you run the monitor to save money.

Last edited:
That would be a good question to ask Clinton Smout.

Weird. I have two YZ125’s insured with Desjardins. Mind you the policy’s are a little older so maybe I’m grandfathered in but one of the bikes was added last year.

I think sleds and ATV’s are easier. My sled is also through Desjardins but I know quite a few companies offer snowmobile insurance.

It’s your daughter and your/her life but do you really want to get her lined up with a no insurance ticket on her record before she even has a license. Never mind the nightmare on your hands if there is a situation where the liability is needed.

Last edited:

Canada Home Page

I think Tyler is in the same boat as you Steve trying to get insurance for his boy. Reach out to him on the book of faces.

Did you try td? I have the kx100 insured with them 80 dollars a year. My 250 is 190 a year.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

Did you try td? I have the kx100 insured with them 80 dollars a year. My 250 is 190 a year.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
From what I gather, the not insuring anything 150cc and under is fairly new, within the last couple of months. It isn't affecting people who have had continuous coverage.

I will try td on Monday. thanks

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom