Some times you just have to say I DO NOT LOVE YOU ANYMORE !!

guzzirider

Well-known member
I have been using MapsMe since 2016 to display my routes I draw in Road Trip Planer.
Originally it was FREE and worked well with regular updates and bug fixes.
Then someone decided to sell this Open Source program.
They added useless features that slowed down things.
The maps tracking became more erratic.
Features that where free became pay only.
Today was the end of the line for me.
Every time I stoped for a few minutes it lost it's way.
The display would send you in the wrong direction and the correct after a few blocks in the opposite direction.
It just does not work like it use to!
Its probably my fault for trying to use a 2012 vintage iPad 4 with only 16GB and an operating system now using about 12 of them.
My iPad 4 mini has served me well for 60,000 km and I am not giving up on it yet.
Started doing research and discovered the Open Source original is still available as Organic Maps.
I downloaded it and did a test run tonight. Has the exact same look.
I AM IN LOVE AGAIN !!
Sorry MapsMe but I have decided to turn you free and let you find your own way. (puns intended)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom