Some Beautiful Roads in Nova Scotia | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some Beautiful Roads in Nova Scotia

ABCarr

Site Supporter
Been here in the Halifax area for the past week, and really miss having my SS on some of these roads. I haven't been up to Cape Breton, but the Cabot Trail looks like it would be a hoot.

They are indeed. Halifax itself is a great city to enjoy. Try as many micro-brews as you can while out there as well.
If you go to Cape Breton it can be driven around in a day but if you want to actually see the sights give yourself a few days to enjoy it. If you're on a bike there's plenty of bike-friendly hotels there. Spend a night in Chetticamp where they cater to bikers (internet search will find you a great biker-friendly spot). Grab lunch at "The Dancing Goat" in Margaree and stop at "The Red Shoe" in Mabou for a drink or dinner (don't be surprised when a local walks in with a fiddle or hops in front of the piano and starts playing some great music). Take the free tour at the Glen Breton Distillery in Inverness (or play the golf course oceanside there).
Enjoy!

There are indeed a few sections and some riders that have a little up and down game I was watching climb out from sealevel and up some big high speed sweeps.

You climb up to this point from the bridge in not many KM

Screenshot2012-06-04atJun42012104406PM.jpg

They were playing hooligan up and down the mountain - it's pretty steep

and this is on the other side

Screenshot2012-06-04atJun42012103030PM.jpg

even a nice run out on the big sweeps

and the road through the highlands at the northern tip is pretty wild....but so is the weather.

Leaving today, unfortunately. The week was spent largely with family activities in Halifax. One day I'll ride out here and explore.

Missing the sights from our two-week road trip at the end of June. There are great roads all over the maritimes, and in Nova Scotia. The ride out to Peggy's Cove is amazing too. The Cabot Trail was spectacular, but if you stop for every scenic look-out or the big points of interest it'll take you a LOT longer than you think.

I can't wait, I'm heading out there this weekend! First major tour I've attempted.

There are indeed a few sections and some riders that have a little up and down game I was watching climb out from sealevel and up some big high speed sweeps.

and the road through the highlands at the northern tip is pretty wild....but so is the weather.

I have that exact picture somewhere from my trip in 05 - except my yellow Katana and a Moose are in the background!

Good curves. :p

There are some very good curves on the Cabot trail, but there are also some more "boring" sections. I would have to say that if you were travelling from Toronto and had to pick a destination, that you're much better to go to a place like the Blue Ridge as opposed to the Cabot Trail. And I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cabot trail, other than it's a heck of a lot farther for roads that aren't as good as you can get much closer in the US.

There are some very good curves on the Cabot trail, but there are also some more "boring" sections. I would have to say that if you were travelling from Toronto and had to pick a destination, that you're much better to go to a place like the Blue Ridge as opposed to the Cabot Trail. And I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cabot trail, other than it's a heck of a lot farther for roads that aren't as good as you can get much closer in the US.

2012-09-18+20.15.35

I used trans canada to get there - very boring, and Quebec roads or horrible and will destroy your tires. I rode back through the states, entering in NB, through Maine, Vermont - no interstates and much nicer! If I had to go back it will be through the US route...

I used trans canada to get there - very boring, and Quebec roads or horrible and will destroy your tires. I rode back through the states, entering in NB, through Maine, Vermont - no interstates and much nicer! If I had to go back it will be through the US route...

But at least the police are friendly in Quebec....

Those are some intriguing landscapes. My neighbor rode and is there atm. I was invited to go next year and plans are all the way to the rock. Thanks for sharing them.

People get friendlier the further east you go :) I try not to speed too much on my trips as it really ruins everything...now I'm on a cruiser so that won't be an issue...

Just remember that the "friendly" cops will impound you for 30 over in NS which is even more draconian than Ontario's stupid law.

People get friendlier the further east you go :) I try not to speed too much on my trips as it really ruins everything...now I'm on a cruiser so that won't be an issue...

This was a troll, even though I agree with you about people being super friendly out east, Quebec police don't like Englishmen.

Back
Top Bottom