So long and thanks for all the fish | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So long and thanks for all the fish

No skill required if you're riding in a cage. To me that's what separates MC racing from anything on 4 wheels.
Now do it for 500 miles nonstop. 200mph, four inches from everyone else, for hours at a time. Pffft. Nothing to it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Now do it for 500 miles nonstop. 200mph, four inches from everyone else, for hours at a time. Pffft. Nothing to it.

500 mile race divided by 4 hours is an average speed of 125 MPH.

On a superspeedway? I could do that in my SUV. Just sayin'.

500 mile race divided by 4 hours is an average speed of 125 MPH. On a superspeedway? I could do that in my SUV. Just sayin'.
I get it. But it does get pretty crowded out there. I'm also pretty sure an suv is miles ahead in comfort compared to a racecar.
I went around the track at Vegas Speedway as a passenger in a detuned nascar. That wall is REALLY damn close coming out of the corners sitting on the passenger side.
Also, I'd be pretty curious to see an SUV hold 200km/h on an oval. We used to have "king of the hill" races at Barrie Speedway, you'd be surprised at how many fast sport type cars can't handle that at 50.

I'd be pretty curious to see an SUV hold 200km/h on an oval.

Pretty much every manufacturer has either a SUV that will do it out of the box or an upgraded RS/Trackhawk/etc. model that will.

Pretty much every manufacturer has either a SUV that will do it out of the box or an upgraded RS/Trackhawk/etc. model that will.

It depends on the size/banking of your oval. Most manufacturers have an suv that will hit 200 in a straight line, as the corner tightens, most will probably not have a chance. Even if the banking was steep enough to keep them on the track, most (but not all) wouldnt have enough power to keep them over 200 in a tight oval. It would be funny to match them squat in the bank at speed, they would probably be inches shorter.

Even if the banking was steep enough to keep them on the track, most (but not all) wouldnt have enough power to keep them over 200 in a tight oval.
200 average speed is only 124 MPH. That's not that fast.

200 average speed is only 124 MPH. That's not that fast.
No, but it is fighting physics. It is pushing a huge brick through the air and accelerating a heavy mass around corners. The bentaga or trackhawk should easily do it. What does GM have? 400 hp in a Tahoe? At daytona, no issues. At the Barrie speedway, I doubt it could get to 200 yet alone maintain it.

Barrie speedway

Why are you even bringing a (long gone) 1/3 mile oval into the discussion? NOTHING could maintain 200 KMH on one.
barrie.jpg

500 mile race divided by 4 hours is an average speed of 125 MPH.

On a superspeedway? I could do that in my SUV. Just sayin'.
Sorry, I'm late to this. Are you seriously positing that you could show up to the Daytona 500 in your SUV and be competitive?

I'm no NASCAR fan, or CASCAR, but that's quite a claim. Just because you don't like a type of racing doesn't mean the people who do it are idiots or untalented. It's like saying drag racing is only riding in a straight line, anyone could do that...

It's like saying drag racing is only riding in a straight line, anyone could do that...
Actually they do have that it's called bracket racing.

Agreed. Nothing to it if you know you're protected by a well engineered roll cage. Pfffft. easy as peasy

Sorry, I'm late to this. Are you seriously positing that you could show up to the Daytona 500 in your SUV and be competitive?

I'm no NASCAR fan, or CASCAR, but that's quite a claim. Just because you don't like a type of racing doesn't mean the people who do it are idiots or untalented. It's like saying drag racing is only riding in a straight line, anyone could do that...
I think it is. I showed up at the strip, raced, and and had a great time. FYI 12.67 @ 105MPH on a stripped down Wing.

But but but but Livewire!

Uh.....

oof
"The thing about riding an electric motorcycle is that you’re constantly doing mental math to calculate how far you’ve come, how much range you’ve used to get there, how far you have to go, and what percentage over that mileage you’ll need in range to achieve it. Percentages, miles, aerodynamics, topography, all of it adds up to whether you’ll make it or fall short of your destination."

oof
"The thing about riding an electric motorcycle is that you’re constantly doing mental math to calculate how far you’ve come, how much range you’ve used to get there, how far you have to go, and what percentage over that mileage you’ll need in range to achieve it. Percentages, miles, aerodynamics, topography, all of it adds up to whether you’ll make it or fall short of your destination."
Same as the early days of ev's. Thankfully a few years of development and some time for batteries to improve and you can mostly move on from those issues.

Back
Top Bottom