So are all the demo rides going to be scrapped this year? (but mostly BMW cluster discussion) | GTAMotorcycle.com

So are all the demo rides going to be scrapped this year? (but mostly BMW cluster discussion)

no idea about official demo days, but last year I got a few demo rides at some dealers, and this year I plan on trying some beemers

no idea about official demo days, but last year I got a few demo rides at some dealers, and this year I plan on trying some beemers
Yeah I guess there's always that, I enjoy the official ones because you can ride random crap and they aren't trying to make sure you're serious before letting you etc.

I get it though, you can't just have people putting mileage on your bikes you're trying to sell.

Yeah I guess there's always that, I enjoy the official ones because you can ride random crap and they aren't trying to make sure you're serious before letting you etc.

I get it though, you can't just have people putting mileage on your bikes you're trying to sell.

some dealers have dedicated demo bikes precisely for this reason, and if they know you well and/or you have bought bikes from them in the past, they're even more eager to throw you the keys

#edit
In addition to dedicated demo bikes, dealers are also much more willing to let you test ride used bikes, they just dont like to idea of putting
on mileage on a brand new factory bike with 0 miles

ALTHOUGH I have ridden brand new ones as well(z900 a few years ago), so I guess you will never know until you ask?

Last edited:

most demo days done now are specific bikes that get loaded on a full trailer that just makes the rounds from town to town.

As far as i know only BMW and Ducati have dedicated demo bikes, although i heard good things about Apex in Cambridge. The issue is insurance, no one wants to pay for it.

most demo days done now are specific bikes that get loaded on a full trailer that just makes the rounds from town to town.

As far as i know only BMW and Ducati have dedicated demo bikes, although i heard good things about Apex in Cambridge. The issue is insurance, no one wants to pay for it.
I have also had good luck with two wheeled in guelph, their service dept has bad rep but their sales guys have always been good to me, at least as far as demo rides are concerned

If you want to take a H-D out, just contact the dealer. No more demo truck like the old days. I always go to GP bikes for demo's, usually a big selection. I'm sure the factories have found some way to blame Covid for not doing it this summer though. Like everything now,if you're lazy and don't want to do something, just blame an abundance of caution over Covid.

Signed up last year for BMW's demo days as I did the year before. Then Covid struck. I'm assuming it's a no go again this season.
Want to ride the new R1250RT. Rode the previous version and a K bike last time. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon:cool:

Want to ride the new R1250RT.

Oh man, that new display is sweet:

2021-BMW-R-1250-RT-First-look-sport-touring-motorcycle-24.jpg

Can finally do away with the separate GPS.

Signed up last year for BMW's demo days as I did the year before. Then Covid struck. I'm assuming it's a no go again this season.
Want to ride the new R1250RT. Rode the previous version and a K bike last time. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon:cool:
yeah probably more of the same sadly.

i can ask the local guys if they will have any RT's for demoing

i have decided im not a fan of the key fob. long story.

Let me guess: fob battery died on you at an inopportune time?

I've heard stories that you need to keep the key very far away from the bike because if it's stored anywhere close, like hanging on the wall on the other side of the garage, the fob will keep trying to communicate to the bike and drain the battery completely within a few months...

Back
Top Bottom