Site sponsor banner blocks media if video in first post on tablet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Site sponsor banner blocks media if video in first post on tablet

jc100

This is on an iPad using safari as a browser. Any video in the first few lines of a new thread is cut in two and can’t be expanded so you only see half the video because the site sponsor banner in that first post cuts off the window. This is the same both in landscape and in portrait. If the sponsor banner was at the top, rather than to the right (as it is currently) such that the first post text appeared underneath I don’t think this would happen.

This is on an iPad using safari as a browser. Any video in the first few lines of a new thread is cut in two and can’t be expanded so you only see half the video because the site sponsor banner in that first post cuts off the window. This is the same both in landscape and in portrait. If the sponsor banner was at the top, rather than to the right (as it is currently) such that the first post text appeared underneath I don’t think this would happen.
Paging @FLSTC.... I know that he uses an iPad and I always see comments like "space left for banner".
Now his advice will help if you are talking about you doing the posting, or basically for anyone that posts a video to do the same.
I need to try gtam with the tablet (not apple) and see if it happens to me as well.
Do you know if you have the same issue if you were to use the GTAM or Tapatalk app?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I just checked from a Windows PC, and the first-post images/videos are ok. So yes, looks like Safari/iPad is doing this.

Same thing from Safari browser on my Macbook (images/videos in the first post get truncated due to the ad)

Back
Top Bottom