Single vehicle crashes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Single vehicle crashes

nobbie48

Site Supporter
It is tempting to judge single vehicle crashes as rider error. Keep in mind that the rider could have been forced off the road by the actions of another vehicle that left the scene.

All single vehicle bike accidents I'm aware of have occured on a corner. Not saying they don't happen on a straight roads, just never heard of one.

All single vehicle bike accidents I'm aware of have occured on a corner. Not saying they don't happen on a straight roads, just never heard of one.
Well, there was one recently posted here on a straight road. A car did a U-turn and the rider crashed (apparently without contacting the car). With the current fault-determination rules, that is a single vehicle crash that happens very often.

Well, there was one recently posted here on a straight road. A car did a U-turn and the rider crashed (apparently without contacting the car). With the current fault-determination rules, that is a single vehicle crash that happens very often

I don't consider that a single vehicle crash.

To expand further on my previous response, IMO if the rider enters into a single vehicle crash by their own lack of ability, that cannot necessarily be attributed to the other operators actions. Certainly it can and does happen but again IMO a small percentage would be entirely unavoidable

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I have been guilty of passing judgement on single vehicle crashes and just wanted to reinforce the no derogatory comment rule for the fallen rider forum.

The minute you decide you have enough skills and training you're in trouble. Taking an annual refresher skills training course can significantly reduce your chances of getting into any kind of accident, let alone a single-vehicle crash.

Back
Top Bottom