Single track in southwestern ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Single track in southwestern ontario?

FriendlyFoe

So last summer i went dirtbiking for the first time ever with the people from trailtour.com and had an absolute blast, and want to get a 250 four stroke for this coming summer. I live in brantford and am wondering what if any sort of riding there is west of toronto? A trail pass from trailtour is actually obscenely reasonable but i cant see me trying to commute with traffic past toronto more then a couple times a summer. I dont mind driving an hour or two, 4 hours plus is a bit much though.

Not really interested in doing MX tracks, i'm sure i'll go out a few times and just play around but what i really want to do is trails, so figured i'd make sure on here that i'll have somewhere to ride before spending a bunch of money on a bike.

Cheers.

we ride turkey point and st Williams trails. mostly wide but a bit of single track. only about 30-45 mins from woodstock

we ride turkey point and st Williams trails. mostly wide but a bit of single track. only about 30-45 mins from woodstock
Where is it legal to ride in there? Every time I'm down there all I see is tape saying "trail closed" across the trail entrances. I grew up in simcoe, and neither me or any of my other buddies ride there anymore. It's sad because those trails were established by riders years ago and it was one of the best places in Ontario.

havent had much time to play on the computer since i put this up. If i can come play with you guys out there i'll pick something up closer to spring for sure

I was talking with the folks from Steel City Riders (http://www.steelcityriders.ca/) at the show, they have a track and some trails. I'm going to look into that for next year. If you're thinking of huge forests like Ganaraska (I did the trailtour two years ago also) there isn't anything that huge down here. There are a bunch of tracks though.

I thought the same thing as you, that I'd ride trails and try the track, but didn't expect to enjoy the track that much. WRONG! I love it! I'm hooked. I plan to get a Ganaraska pass next year, but I'll also be going to the local tracks regularly.

I thought the same thing as you, that I'd ride trails and try the track, but didn't expect to enjoy the track that much. WRONG! I love it! I'm hooked. I plan to get a Ganaraska pass next year, but I'll also be going to the local tracks regularly.
+1

Took my bike on the track at RJ's and had a blast. I went for the SCORRA day just to ride their trails but the track is loads of fun. The jumps are a little unnerving, but it was mostly tabletops so you didn't have to worry about casing it.

Back
Top Bottom