Single layer motorcycle jeans/ denim pants - where to buy? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Single layer motorcycle jeans/ denim pants - where to buy?

justride

Any where I can check out single layer motorcycle jeans? Something where the protective material is weaved into and not just a sperate lining that runs down inside the pants. Preferably, in the GTA or Canada online.
GPbikes carries Resurgence Gear but do not currently carry the Ultimate Ultra Lite model or New Wave model which are both single layer

new video added on june 23rd

Last edited:
I'd be interested in knowing as well. Tried looking for key words like Dyneema at Fortnine and GP, dig deep enough in the marketing lingo and eventually find only "Kevlar layered". Unless I'm missing something, seems like this kind of material hasn't made it to Canadian retailers yet. Too bad.

Studio Cycle sells Dyneema blended denim. Forgot what the brand was, but they looked nice!

Edit: Company is called "Zin". Studio is the only place I know that sells them, so I am not sure of the brand reputability...

Wish, the motorcycle website had more filters for pants. Filter #1 Single Layer or Lined. Filter #2 CE A, AA, or AAA. Its time consuming to wade through all the riding jeans and yes, the marketing.

Seems like the latest and the greatest motorcycle denim pants are in the U.K and Europe!

The chap in the cap, Chris from Motolegends recommends checking the % of Dyneema in the blended denim, which directly the safety rating.

Any where I can check out single layer motorcycle jeans? Something where the protective material is weaved into and not just a sperate lining that runs down inside the pants. Preferably, in the GTA or Canada online.
GPbikes carries Resurgence Gear but do not currently carry the Ultimate Ultra Lite model or New Wave model which are both single layer

Did you call GP? They can get some things that are not on their website. Tell them what you want.

Wish, the motorcycle website had more filters for pants. Filter #1 Single Layer or Lined. Filter #2 CE A, AA, or AAA. Its time consuming to wade through all the riding jeans and yes, the marketing.
Sportsbikeshop.co.uk lets you filter by CE rating, which helps weed out some of the junk. Not sure what their jeans selection is like, though...

Sportsbikeshop.co.uk lets you filter by CE rating, which helps weed out some of the junk. Not sure what their jeans selection is like, though...
Would preferably like to see stock in actual storefronts (post Covid/stage 1 whatever). Pants are a definite try-before-you-buy item. Fortnine being barely acceptable with returns at least staying within Canada.

Would preferably like to see stock in actual storefronts (post Covid/stage 1 whatever). Pants are a definite try-before-you-buy item. Fortnine being barely acceptable with returns at least staying within Canada.
For sure, but you can at least use their website to quickly filter which ones hit AAA and them search those items within Canada. Seems to be mostly Bull-It and Resurgence, but only one was listed as single-layer and it may not have actually been AAA (was also an insane £315...)

For sure. I'm in the market for new summer pants and plan to buy in-store but not without getting the deets on the pants online as well.

Today at Royal in Guelph, I saw they had 4 pairs of jeans on the clearance rack. I picked up a nice pair of summer textile/mesh pants on sale. 41% off. Clearance rack, as they are greenish-grey, not highly sought after.

I haven't stopped looking out for stuff like this. Klim's new K Forty series is finally hitting stores, but I still can't find any definitive details. Klim is being very cagey in their marketing (maybe due to trade secrets) with stuff like "Cone abrasion/cut resistance". I don't really know what that means, but they are CE AA rated to the new standard so they must be decent?

Come in both straight and tapered cut

Not taking a trip out Stratford way anytime soon but found these (questionable if in stock)

P
Not taking a trip out Stratford way anytime soon but found these (questionable if in stock)

Perth County Moto are great. Fantastic customer service. And the John Doe range is amazing. They make AAA rated single layer jeans that actually look and feel like something you would wear normally.

I’ve got a pair for sale in the classifieds (needed to size down lol).

Checked the google review for Perth County Moto. Apparently, Monday nights are bike nights.
Far enough from Mississauga for a little rip!

Checked the google review for Perth County Moto. Apparently, Monday nights are bike nights.
Far enough from Mississauga for a little rip!
Might do.

On another note, on a whim went into Riders Choice last week - they have good stock on PMJ tex-pro single layer "Deux" jeans. Also AAA rated. Priced around the same. These are NOT up on their website so in store stock only.

I haven't stopped looking out for stuff like this. Klim's new K Forty series is finally hitting stores, but I still can't find any definitive details. Klim is being very cagey in their marketing (maybe due to trade secrets) with stuff like "Cone abrasion/cut resistance". I don't really know what that means, but they are CE AA rated to the new standard so they must be decent?

Come in both straight and tapered cut

Looks like the tapered cut has a nice fit.

relief stitching 3:20. I remember jeans with relief stitching being advertised in comics/magazine for people into martial arts. Easier to kick someone in the head!

So thanks to this tread I finally visited Perth County Moto and bought myself a pair of good riding pants.

Here is my quick summary.

This was the only store with sizes I wanted to try on, and I am happy I did. Even within the same brand [John Doe] there is a certain variability in sizes. I initially wanted jeans as above - Pioneer Mono - but found size 30 is skin tight, they didn't have 31 and 32 was way too lose on me. Material of these jeans is nice - feels thin and soft but I didn't like the color and fade - too light for my taste, so I am happy I checked these in person.\

So I end up buying Defender Mono Olive - the size 32 of these was almost perfect and I liked the material way more - felt also very soft but more substantial, heavier - good for this fall weather. Cut is good as well, not too tight on my 300lb squat legs and def slim down at the bottom.
The negatives are: 1. knee pads are too narrow and it was very hard to fit them in the right place, the inside knee pockets are huge and made of flimsy material, took me almost an hour fiddling to find a perfect spot for riding and walking; 2. Waistline is a bit high, I prefer low cut with belt below my belly button..
Other than that I don't regret the purchase and do enjoy these very comfortable pants on my rides now.

I will probably buy myself a pair of John Doe Mono jeans (black or hope they make dark indigo) for the next season over this winter when all sizes are available.

Cheers,
A.T.

Best motorcycle jeans | Single layer vs lined: THE TRUTH​

Skin shear, never heard of it before......YIKES!

to learn about skin shear - do some judo in competition thickness gi (without rushguard that is) :)

as per this Youtube "test" - worst ever, he failed his own "home" test completely and after proved what? that 2 layer better than 1?! wow
Would I still wear AAA rated jeans in >+30C is the question...

Back
Top Bottom