Sibbald point PP | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sibbald point PP

blu600

Site Supporter
I love day rides and found most Provincial parks let me in with the bike knowing its a bike and I didnt take a spot but found sibbald point on simcoe to be be a stickler on they’re $21 day fee per vehicle considering its one rider and I was only going a few hours and off to the next destination. I left and went to Jackson’s point instead. Anyone get this as well?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I love day rides and found most Provincial parks let me in with the bike knowing its a bike and I didnt take a spot but found sibbald point on simcoe to be be a stickler on they’re $21 day fee per vehicle considering its one rider and I was only going a few hours and off to the next destination. I left and went to Jackson’s point instead. Anyone get this as well?

A lot of parks / conservation areas have punitive parking rates. $10-$15 minimums. The Niagara Escarpment has numerous parks where one might just want to take a quick look and move on to the next. Full shot at every park isn't worth it.

If you do a lot of it you can sometimes get a season pass but if you're doing a ride it doesn't make sense for most riders. Four bikes in one parking spot pay the same as four cars taking four spaces.

I went to Mt Neno and had to pay. I don’t see the problem. You feel because you are on a bike you should not pay?? Move along

Sent from the moon!

Fees are the to cover the park's operation -- pay or don't play.

Hera are a couple of other options:

1) Summer Pass - $125. Day visit any provincial park anywhere in the province any time

2) Get a little exercise, park your bike and walk in. $2. I believe you are allowed 3 hours street parking for free in Georgina. You might also park ask at the little convenience store near the gate, they have let me park for free.

I buy a provincial parks season pass every year even though I probably only visit them 3 or 4 times. I do this because I like what they do with the money. They put on educational events, clean up the trails, get people outside. I see it as a charitable donation. I can also lend my pass to friends as it’s not vehicle specific. I keep it with me on the bike as the parks are often good places to stop for a rest with facilities. I’d encourage everyone to get a pass if they can.

Don't go to Sibbalds on a weekend - packed!!

Also...it’s not a “parking rate”, it’s more of a facilities fee. You don’t have to put your pass on your bike when parked in every provincial park I’ve been to so far either.

Park use was always expensive :/ remember when you used to buy a new animal shaped sticker for the windshield every year!
I'm more upset with them closing down all the nice picnic rest areas that used to be along the side of the provinces highways.

It’s not really that expensive though. If you just go 10 times or so over the course of a season it’s about $10ish a visit.

Like most membership pays for itself the more you use it.
Provincial parks never do well when provincial government is bent on saving money. They should bring back the Department of Lands and Forests :LOL:

Park use was always expensive :/ remember when you used to buy a new animal shaped sticker for the windshield every year!
I'm more upset with them closing down all the nice picnic rest areas that used to be along the side of the provinces highways.

You can't text while driving and they eliminate place where you could safely stop. Ontariariario.

I believe you are allowed 3 hours street parking for free in Georgina.
I'm not sure out by sibbald, but muncipalities have figured out that water access parking is a great source of revenue. It's $20 to 35 a day on the weekend in georgina. To ensure they maximize revenue (and minimize chaos on nearby streets) the last time I was there, all nearby streets were no parking zones. You would need to walk a kilometer or more from the closest legal free spot. It looks like Sibbald has some no parking zone around it, but maybe not quite as far.

Pay & Display Parking at Waterfront Parks | Town of Georgina

As for paying, I'm with the majority, think about it as a park access fee, not a parking fee. I tried to take a quick lap around rattlesnake point park years ago and they wanted money, I said screw it and left. No hard feelings. Their land, they decide how much they want to charge to access it. If you don't like the rules, buy your own land.

I went to Mt Neno and had to pay. I don’t see the problem. You feel because you are on a bike you should not pay?? Move along

Sent from the moon!

You know if you bring gear to enjoy the park and use its amenities i dont have a problem. We were riding through and thought to just stop in and rest and eat our lunch. We did move along !!!

Back
Top Bottom