Show off your Race/Track photos! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Show off your Race/Track photos!

I'll bet this weekend was a little more expensive than a track day ;)
I'd spend more money doing track days than racing. I do more laps at a track day which means I use more tire which is the most expensive part of this sport. If you constantly practice on used up tires your never going to figure out how fast you can actually go. You can be aggressive and not crash, you just need to know what %105 is then back it down to %98 and keep it there.

Mina it would be best for you to show up Saturday and get some practice time and a qualifying heat race in before the Sunday. It really helps get you up to speed and figure out any adjustments that need to be made for the race. Once you've got the hang of the weekend showing up on Sunday isn't a terrible idea and gets you out there to have fun.

and on topic

From the CSBK bogie round.

cb10d54425c9005543595161375f38a5.jpg

So far so good. Sat was first day out this year. Still getting used to slicks and warmers but got faster every session

I'll bet this weekend was a little more expensive than a track day ;)

1 new slick, one set of rains, one brembo crash kit, 1 foot peg and 1 oil filter. This was the cheapest race weekend I've had in a long time. The bodywork was barely scratched :). I crash gently

Last edited:
First ever track day

Oh I just can't resist...

flagsmall.jpg

Photo from Karolina Pelc

Bill Murphy snapped off a couple of me at DOCC @ Calabogie. There were at least two other photographers there but I have only seen his so far.

20150703090709-d713b87f-me.jpg

20150703090707-5f27fb6c-me.jpg

And a couple from the last RACE round:

20150518160446-384885a7-la.jpg

20150519094010-9de1322f-la.jpg

Good question. I considered it. It's a beast around Shannonville, not sure that it would be competitive or that I could ride it competitively. I'm also trying to keep the fairings original, and the spares are not prepped at this point... because of the surgeries I had this fall/winter, I had some issues with time to prep these bikes (was unable to do the work) and right now I am extremely busy deploying fixed LTE gear across my network. Excuses perhaps, but real problems, hopefully I will be able to attend most or all of the season and that's the best i can hope for.

I am going to run the 600 in the AM SBK though. I fully expect to be frustrated but hey, I'm there... might as well ride.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom