Should this be the future of CSBK ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should this be the future of CSBK ?

TK4

It's brutal to go road racing - is there more that can be done to control costs ?

It's going to be expensive no matter how you slice it. That MoTeC ECU and wiring harness is an expensive piece of kit.

I favor the other approach...Stock bike with only the modifications absolutely needed. As part of homologation, manufacturer supplies a stock ECU to the series. Randomly, before any event, everyone with that brand of bike has to take out their ECU and they all get put in a box, along with that stock one, then they get randomly redistributed, and you have to use whatever you get.

It's going to be expensive no matter how you slice it. That MoTeC ECU and wiring harness is an expensive piece of kit.

I favor the other approach...Stock bike with only the modifications absolutely needed. As part of homologation, manufacturer supplies a stock ECU to the series. Randomly, before any event, everyone with that brand of bike has to take out their ECU and they all get put in a box, along with that stock one, then they get randomly redistributed, and you have to use whatever you get.
Kinda like when the spec series ran with the Honda CBR125s, 250s and Kawasaki 300s.
Here's the bike and here's a box of parts with NO OTHER modifications allowed.
Can the crowd honestly tell the difference in a superbike between 150 and 200 HP ?
I don't think so.
Either that or put them all on Cheng Shin tires - that'd fix things in a hurry. :)

Back
Top Bottom