Shopping for a ZX14 need some help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shopping for a ZX14 need some help!

kat

Probably in the wrong section but here it goes...

I am in the market for an 08+ ZX14 and I have tried to research the bike over forums, visits to the dealership etc. I am ready to buy and have focused my attention towards used ads via autotrader and kijji...One thing I have noticed is that there are more than a couple ads like the following:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...g-2010-Kawasaki-Ninja-zx14-W0QQAdIdZ294610699

Where a ZX14 is being sold with low or no miles with a used higher km engine, as well Cory's cycle salvage seems to have a handful of ZX14s with 0 km bikes being parted, and new bikes with used engines

Well- What Gives what is happening to these bikes? Are the problematic, because to me it seems kinda weird.

Any input appreciated Thanks in Advance

I have never heard of any problems with them. 2006 was the initial year and you might have some of the initial issues with leaky valve cover gasket and minor things like that.

Cory buys brand new bikes and parts them. I was told the engines were used for some other projects, but I have no idea.

Maybe those fresh motors are going to Montreal to build Raptors and T-Rexes?

I don't know if it's still available but there is an absolutely excellent one here in Kingston with a full system, power commander and a proper map for sale here in Kingston. No idea why it hasn't moved yet, but it should: it's crazy good compared to bone stock and it has low milage. And the kicker is that he doesn't want much money for it. Maybe it hasn't moved because it's silver? He bought a S1000RR to replace it with, FWIW.

Cory buys the rolling chassis bikes from the guys that make the T-Rex, then he'll get engines from salvage bikes, where ever, etc, and put them back together into complete bikes.

ZX14 is a crazy, nutty bike - very dangerous for the inexperienced (and experienced too)!
One moment it's a big comfy couch, and everything's fine as long as it's in second gear or above.
Next thing you know, the front wheel is two feet in the air while the back tire is spinning furiously...
Once you realize that you can't use the handlebars to hold on (bad plan) and you're in way over your head, adrenaline and nausea will flood through you like drugs.
You will become religious, and pray earnestly to your creator.
Nobody really needs a full system + power commander on these bikes - it is the answer to a question no one has asked.
Of course weight savings are always attractive, but the bike wants for neither horsepower nor torque.
I think Kawi had it right with the earlier models, which restricted torque in lower gears...
Anyway, great bike, but just wanted to let you know what you're in for.
Wonderful, comfortable, powerful and electric-smooth - but not for the faint of heart.
You could ride all summer long and never take it over 4k RPM, I'm serious, and much safer that way...
L8R

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom