Shopped around tons..just trying my luck | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shopped around tons..just trying my luck

Bweixz

Site Supporter
Greetings,

So I've shopped around a multitude of brokers and big insurance companies...quotes have been ranging from $2,300 to $5,000 as I only own a bike to insure so no attempt at packaged discounts.

Just wanted to try my luck and see if there's anyone familiar with my profile with an insurance broker/company to recommend trying? Otherwise I'll probably have to sell the bike and look for a cheaper bike to insure!

Licensed M1/M2, M: 2010, 2012
Licensed G: 2011
Record: Clean
Bike: 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Thank you in advanced for any help!

Greetings,

So I've shopped around a multitude of brokers and big insurance companies...quotes have been ranging from $2,300 to $5,000 as I only own a bike to insure so no attempt at packaged discounts.

Just wanted to try my luck and see if there's anyone familiar with my profile with an insurance broker/company to recommend trying? Otherwise I'll probably have to sell the bike and look for a cheaper bike to insure!

1. Search through the big threads since 1/1/2016 for the "biker-friendly" agents and obtain better quotes (I used Allstate, Donald Flores)
2. Consider adding cheap add-ons like renters insurance and accidental death insurance (10-20 each)

I think the <25 age coupled with the 650 is probably what's knackering you. When do you turn 25? Insurance becomes much more palatable overnight at that point.

Is the bike financed or clear? If it's clear, did you get quotes for just liability vs full coverage?

In the meantime, try calling Dalton Timmis - ask for Andy Singh, he looked after me and destroyed every other company's quote I dealt with.

Call Carlos from Cornerstone brokers. He will definitely take care of you!

1-800-263-2369 ext:167
Greetings,

I just got a quote with Andy Singh at DT for the 08 Ninja 650R.

Full coverage is $2300 for me, but I have my full M since last summer. I'm also 24.

The $2300 was still like $2000-3000 less than some other companies. Also the 650R incurred a sport bike surcharge. I ran a quote with an SV650 and it was $1400!!! Way better, maybe you should look at bikes that classify as standard instead of sport?

I just got a quote with Andy Singh at DT for the 08 Ninja 650R.

Full coverage is $2300 for me, but I have my full M since last summer. I'm also 24.

The $2300 was still like $2000-3000 less than some other companies. Also the 650R incurred a sport bike surcharge. I ran a quote with an SV650 and it was $1400!!! Way better, maybe you should look at bikes that classify as standard instead of sport?

Went with DT as they quoted me $1900 for the ninja 650. Yeah it didn't make sense to me why it was incurring the sport bike surcharge...it's far slower than the SS 600s. The whole reason why I purchased this bike was to dodge the SS surcharge - otherwise I would've just gotten an R6 or smt.

Anyways, definitely much better than all the other quotes. Thank you so much for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom