Shoei rf 1400? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shoei rf 1400?

Anyone got this helmet? Any complaints?
its quiet and aerodynamic but very tight, and tricky to take on and off
try it out in store, if you feel any sort of pressure points, get a size larger

its quiet and aerodynamic but very tight, and tricky to take on and off
try it out in store, if you feel any sort of pressure points, get a size larger
I would say it's probably the wrong head shape, larger size may not be the answer.

just going to throw out an alternative AGV K6, only 2.7lbs. loving it!
Haha ya I've heard alot of people prefer it over the shoei, especially for the low weight. I have a k3 sv coming next week but really like the fit of the shoei hmmm

Just picked up an RF-1400 the other day. Before that I had a big, heavy modular (HJC CL-Max 3), so it's quite the improvement.

I was originally going to pick up an AGV K6 since I wanted something more lightweight, but just did not find it comfortable. Definitely try both of them on if you can.

I do find it's hard to put on/take off, but I'm hoping that improves as it breaks in more. Otherwise, when it's on it's super comfortable.

Just picked up an RF-1400 the other day. Before that I had a big, heavy modular (HJC CL-Max 3), so it's quite the improvement.

I was originally going to pick up an AGV K6 since I wanted something more lightweight, but just did not find it comfortable. Definitely try both of them on if you can.

I do find it's hard to put on/take off, but I'm hoping that improves as it breaks in more. Otherwise, when it's on it's super comfortable.
Ya gotta pull the straps apart like you're trying to rip it open like a racer, and it comes on and off easy

Haha ya I've heard alot of people prefer it over the shoei, especially for the low weight. I have a k3 sv coming next week but really like the fit of the shoei hmmm
I have used the K3SV for years now. Its the right balance between fit, comfort, weight, protection, wind noise and price.

I am not sure when the right time is to retire a helmet, but when I do, I intend to replace it with the same or an upgraded version

I have used the K3SV for years now. Its the right balance between fit, comfort, weight, protection, wind noise and price.

I am not sure when the right time is to retire a helmet, but when I do, I intend to replace it with the same or an upgraded version
I have the k3sv as well. I found it a bit noisier then I liked for a day of riding but otherwise pleased with it. K6 is a step up for sure though, especially the lightness.

I do find it's hard to put on/take off, but I'm hoping that improves as it breaks in more.
It will break in after about 3 or 4 rides. I remember reading years ago in Cycle World " if 100 people buy a helmet with no staff assisting them, something like 90 will buy one, one size too big."
I wanted to mention, if there are pressure points in the head area, it might be too small or the wrong shape. If it's just pushing in your cheeks, then that is fine, that will break in.

Last edited:
It will break in after about 3 or 4 rides. I remember reading years ago in Cycle World " if 100 people buy a helmet with no staff assisting them, something like 90 will buy one, one size too big."
I wanted to mention, if there are pressure points in the head area, it might be too small or the wrong shape. If it's just pushing in your cheeks, then that is fine, that will break in.

I can definitely see that...I bought my first helmet on FortNine without trying any on beforehand and only realized it was too big when I was shopping for this one, a year and a half later. Thankfully I never went down while wearing it.

No pressure points thankfully, just a little tight all around. The store model was fine since I imagine it was well broken in with everyone trying it on, so I'm sure it'll be good soon.

Back
Top Bottom