Shoei Neotec? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shoei Neotec?

Scudzo_2

Any one using a Shoei Neotec? :confused:

I've been looking at these lids as I'm due for a new helmet, but would like some owner input. The visor fogging up is my biggest concern, but these have the pinlock system.

I have a Multitec (the old version of the Neotec) and it is a pretty good helmet, I don't have any problems with the visor fogging and it doesn't even have a pinlock system.

Go for it if you want a good modular helmet.

If it has pinlock I wouldn't worry. In my case (with my RF-1100) the issue isn't my visor fogging up as much as it is my glasses fogging if I close all the vents/install the chinskirt.

Any downsides? I realize that it's not a true full-face helmet, any other negatives??

Check the fit. If it's anything like the new GT-Air it fits a lot different than the RF-1100 and therefor might not fit your head type.

Last year or so, I was looking into the Shoei Multitec but found that in my proper sizing, my chin & mouth were right up against the front of the helmet. Still haven't tried on a Neotec, but I was told at that time that the Neotec helmets would have a slightly extended chinbar which should resolve that issue. I've been told by some that the Neotec is quite loud, but by others that it's one of the quieter modulars -- so not quite sure what to make of that, but it is true that modulars are typically louder compared to a full-face.

Because of the Multitec's poor fitment at the time (and the fact the Neotecs were like $800!) I wound up picking up an HJC SyMax III (which is surprising considering the problems I had with the SyMax II before that...) I was pleasantly surprised by how light it felt and how relatively quiet it was compared to the II before it.

In regards to the visor fogging up, the pinlock will definitely help with that -- I have it on my HJC, and it helps a ton. Not much you can do on a very foggy/misty night, but under just about any other conditions, the pinlock will keep your visor clear.

I bought one last year from Sturgess. Love it. Did the usual research as some of the modular`s are not very good in a crash test. This one passed with flying colours at 96% Right now it is my favorite helmet. Own 2 other Shoei`s. A Warlord and a 1100. Fits my noggin no problems. Now only wear the Modular. Also love the drop down sun visor. Try it, if it fits it is meant for you, if not go with something else. Call Sturgess and you will not be paying anywhere near $800.

I bought one last year from Sturgess. Love it. Did the usual research as some of the modular`s are not very good in a crash test. This one passed with flying colours at 96% Right now it is my favorite helmet. Own 2 other Shoei`s. A Warlord and a 1100. Fits my noggin no problems. Now only wear the Modular. Also love the drop down sun visor. Try it, if it fits it is meant for you, if not go with something else. Call Sturgess and you will not be paying anywhere near $800.

I have an old TZR that fits really well. I've tried a Neotec on, and it fits very similar to the TZR on my melon. Noise isn't a huge concern, as I have a short commute and when on longer runs I wear earplugs. I contacted Tyler at Sturgess (thanks GTAM thread!!) for pricing on a white or yellow, and the price was really good. While browsing Neotec reviews I found the Borealis colour scheme,so now I'm waiting on updated pricing from Tyler.

I even think the Missus won't mind me buying a semi-expensive lid, as it's hi-viz!

I have an old TZR that fits really well. I've tried a Neotec on, and it fits very similar to the TZR on my melon. Noise isn't a huge concern, as I have a short commute and when on longer runs I wear earplugs. I contacted Tyler at Sturgess (thanks GTAM thread!!) for pricing on a white or yellow, and the price was really good. While browsing Neotec reviews I found the Borealis colour scheme,so now I'm waiting on updated pricing from Tyler.

I even think the Missus won't mind me buying a semi-expensive lid, as it's hi-viz!

Having a high vis helmet also means the wife can spot you out in a crowd.lol

Back
Top Bottom