Shipping Address in Niagara Falls | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping Address in Niagara Falls

Any Recommendations?

I used to use CBI. Are they still OK?

Thanks

Yep. They moved to a new location and it’s a really nice place and well run.

Wife has been over and picked up packages there since they moved and she says the pickup process is so much better now.

I have to head across soon as I just got three shipments sent there and the third one will have arrived today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done the the Niagara Falls pickup thing in a long time but I used to use the UPS Store at 1623 Military Rd.

I recently used crossborderpickups.ca and it was a pleasant experience. If you're in no rush I'd suggest them (add another week for them to do their stuff and bring it across the border for you). $10 for a 'regular' package (2-10 lbs). I would've spent way more on gas and time getting it myself.

I've only ever used CBI since 2007 and never felt the need to shop around for another place. My friend uses another place that's cheaper, but it's in Buffalo, and not the "nicer" part (so you can imagine just how sketchy it is). Only issue with CBI is their hours are a little short during the week, and not open on Sundays. They can receive just about anything. I dropped off a motorcycle there once when I had to wait the 72 hours for US export. Nice to see some other lower cost options with more flexible hours. I'm on a yearly plan, so my packages are only $1.80 with an annual fee of $108, and yes, I buy a LOT from the US.

I haven't done the the Niagara Falls pickup thing in a long time but I used to use the UPS Store at 1623 Military Rd.

I recently used crossborderpickups.ca and it was a pleasant experience. If you're in no rush I'd suggest them (add another week for them to do their stuff and bring it across the border for you). $10 for a 'regular' package (2-10 lbs). I would've spent way more on gas and time getting it myself.
How crossborderpickups.ca works in regards to duties and taxes? When US stores ship to US address they don't have to fill up a customs declaration form. Does crossborderpickups.ca do that? What price they put in the declaration?

How crossborderpickups.ca works in regards to duties and taxes? When US stores ship to US address they don't have to fill up a customs declaration form. Does crossborderpickups.ca do that? What price they put in the declaration?
Check their website but you'll have to pay HST and any duties unless you declare that it's made in the USA or Mexico. If there's no invoice from the seller with the package (as was the case with me), they'll ask you the value and the country of manufacture. As I recall, I only paid the 13% HST and their $10 fee.

Check their website but you'll have to pay HST and any duties unless you declare that it's made in the USA or Mexico. If there's no invoice from the seller with the package (as was the case with me), they'll ask you the value and the country of manufacture. As I recall, I only paid the 13% HST and their $10 fee.
The invoice is always inside the package, never attached to the outside of the box (when shipped in US). Does it mean they open every package looking for an invoice?

You are the one crossing the border with the parcel, not them. Not their problem. Your responsibility.

The invoice is always inside the package, never attached to the outside of the box (when shipped in US). Does it mean they open every package looking for an invoice?
Looking back at their email, here's what it said but no they did not open the package:

"The package did not come with an invoice, therefore we will need a short description, a value and the country of origin (where the product is made) of the items in the package for custom clearance. Please provide the value in US dollars "

If you are shopping online, most times you will get the invoice emailed to you, just send it to the delivery service you are using.

Someone mentioned crossborderpickups needing extra time, this is also something I have experienced and if you want thier attention or follow up on the status of your package it is best to call them and not use email as they seem to busy to follow up correctly with email.

No, the packing slip is inside the box, rarely is the invoice inside.
They haven't opened a single one of my box, only asking me to declare how much it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

No, the packing slip is inside the box, rarely is the invoice inside.
They haven't opened a single one of my box, only asking me to declare how much it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I get my packages opened from time to time, I'm not shipping anything shady, so I have no issues there.

Back
Top Bottom