Shipping 3 bikes out west | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping 3 bikes out west

AllistonGT

Planing a trip out west this summer. 3 bikes Air Canada Cargo to Vancouver plus our seats, riding back to Calgary, then flying the bikes and ourselves back to Ontario. So thats about $6000 for shipping the bikes through Air Canada plus our seats on top. Gets expensive. Has anyone tried using Uship to do this? Would we have to get the bikes crated? Any info would be great.

Have you considered rentals?
They have one location in Vancouver. You could do a Vancouver Calgary loop?

Last edited:
Thanks. I have checked into that. Roughly $1500 a week for an Ultra. I'll be two up.

Planing a trip out west this summer. 3 bikes Air Canada Cargo to Vancouver plus our seats, riding back to Calgary, then flying the bikes and ourselves back to Ontario. So thats about $6000 for shipping the bikes through Air Canada plus our seats on top. Gets expensive. Has anyone tried using Uship to do this? Would we have to get the bikes crated? Any info would be great.
I used uship to ship my bike from QC. The shipper had a proper trailer with a wheel chock. Service varies from shipper to shipper but overall good experience and good price

that's a lot of dough...prolly near 10K including airfare
do you have the time to drive?
if so maybe rent a cube van with ramp and bench seat
drive to CGY and park it
do your tour and drive back

I fly out to Calgary or Vancouver and ride back across with the weather systems. $1000 one way per bike and $300 per ticket.

If you swing down through the States coming home you can catch some good routes ..Glacier, Yellowstone, Chief Joseph then legal high speed slab home.

There are trucks to Abbotsford but then logistics gets awkward.

I'd just sat f it and ride out and back

Unless time is a consideration.

Trying to keep this within a 2 week timeframe. We may have to extend that time and ride back. Country's to damn big!
Renting a FJR or any touring bike for 2 weeks is more $ then flying my bike out. $2000 plus $30/day for insurance.
3 bikes , 4 people so cub van's out.

Give Rob Egan a call - he does all the transporting for the bike shows and demo rides.
Maybe he will be heading out around the same time and have room for a couple more ?

Brooklyn Cycle Racing 950 Brock Road S., Pickering, ON, L1W 2A1
phone: (905) 831-7223

The first time we did fly out ride back we had 22 days allocated and used 20 as we tracked back east travelling behind storm systems in June. So we rode to keep them in front of us. We covered decent ground in BC ( Hwy 99 notably ), Vancouver Island, then across to Glacier, Yellowstone and home with mostly 500 km rides and a few longer blitzes on the way back east. Kid didn't like to get rolling too early and we had stops for him to deal with his diabetes supplies.

Solo I had 22 days available but waved the mountains goodbye after 10 days in central BC and visiting iin Vancouver then headed east from Hinton on impulse. ( I'd seen Banff & Jasper a number of times )
Was nice doing the Northern Trans Canada route and over Lake Superior -plotted 7-900 km days riding back leaving at 7 am or when it was warm enough. Ontario is HUGE...felt I was close to home but those last few hundred Ks seemed endless. Ride was 17 days but was entirely in Canada this time.

You can come east faster via the US - I'd say you need three weeks with an extra weekend ...so 23 days total as you do have to allow for weather and some slower sight seeing days. One nice thing is you drive the bikes to Air Canada at Pearson the night before. Then get on an early flight going west and still have pretty much a full day of riding available due to the time change. It's only an hour from getting off the plane to being on the road at either Calgary or Vancouver. Do mind your fuel .

A couple of years ago, I shipped 2 FJRs to Phoenix from outside Rochester. It was in the neighbourhood of 2k USD for both bikes return. They put them on pallets and then onto moving vans , North American I think? There were all kinds of bikes in the warehouse,from Big Harley deckers to custom choppers even BMW GS type bikes. Worked great, we packed all our bike related gear, jackets, gloves , helmets etc. in the bags on the bikes, and flew with just our clothes. Arrived in Phoenix loaded up bikes and off we went, no issues, people were great. The coordinating company was based out of San Diego, but handled all the shipping arrangements. They had a lame name like AA motorcycle shipping, or something similar, I am sure a couple of minutes on the Internet would locate their email, I have long ago lost it. I do remember that they shipped to almost anywhere in North America, they may even have a Canadian operation. If you don’t mind putting your bike into someone else’s care for a couple of weeks, might work for you. Good luck.

You could try these guys, $550 to Vancouver.
ddb1a64775da5e18bbf0712488c069df.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I have used USHIP, you don't need to crate the bikes. I've brought a few from Ottawa to Toronto, door to door for $200 - no idea what it would cost to go west but I'll bet it's a lot less than $6K.

You could try these guys, $550 to Vancouver.
ddb1a64775da5e18bbf0712488c069df.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. I'll check into it.
Got a quote from TFX. $950 to Vancouver. Better to fly it out.
Uship quote. $2700 one way for all 3 bikes. Schedule sucks as your on their schedule.

Last summer I flew to Vancouver and rented a bike from CycleBC for 8 days. Looked at shipping but I found this was the best value and it was nice not having to clean the bike every morning as it was a rental. Did 3.750 KMs in BC and it was amazing!!

Reactions: J_F
I listened to a Podcast #73 on Chasing the Horizon recommended by WobblyCat. Mike Mandell owns and runs Motorcycle Express. HOME | Motorcycle Express I do not have personal experience but Mike sounds like a solid guy who runs a great operation.

Back
Top Bottom