Sheridan Rider Training Program - Cancelled for 2014 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sheridan Rider Training Program - Cancelled for 2014

FZ1Oakville

I just got word (from Sheridan)
That this (2013) is the last year for the M1/M2 program at Sheridan....
Sheridan is cancelling their rider training program for 2014
Just thought I'd pass on the info

Once they become a University they will no longer have a Continuing Ed program and MC training falls under continuing ed.

when do they plan on becoming a Uni?? and at which campuses?

It's because Sheridan is trying to become a University, and I guess motorcycle courses look poorly on universities.

Having spent 4.5 years going through a program that was their attempt at "becoming a University", I would say that school (and I use that term loosely) is less fit to be University than a plane is to be underwater.

One thing they always had a good response from was their rider training program, however; only heard good things.

Oh well. I hope that place burns to the ground.

I don't see what the big deal is. There are plenty of riding trainer courses available everywhere.

I guess all the guys who were instructors/senior instructors there might want to start their own school!?

Really enjoyed the course there!

It's because Sheridan is trying to become a University, and I guess motorcycle courses look poorly on universities.

Sincerely doubt that.

I'd be more inclined to think it was internal issues, perhaps related to staffing. The demand seemed to be there.

It could be a lot of things - liability? Their CSC certification? Anything. Or maybe just the cost of running the program. I wonder if their program was tax deductible.

Having spent 4.5 years going through a program that was their attempt at "becoming a University", I would say that school (and I use that term loosely) is less fit to be University than a plane is to be underwater.

One thing they always had a good response from was their rider training program, however; only heard good things.

Oh well. I hope that place burns to the ground.

Too bad for the MC training, it was a good course. Out of curiosity what program did you take? I only ask because they offer less than 20 bachelor degrees and most [I have heard] are well regarded.

Too bad for the MC training, it was a good course. Out of curiosity what program did you take? I only ask because they offer less than 20 bachelor degrees and most [I have heard] are well regarded.

I'm sure they are well regarded, but college education is *seriously* deficient. I'd say about 90% of the students from any program at any college are entirely unfit for their field, yet will graduate. There's a reason educated people work at mcdonalds, and it's not that there's an overabundance of 'qualified' people (although there are), it's because they just aren't good at what they do. That's not to say all people in that situation are bad in their field, but it's a solid chunk.

I'm sure they are well regarded, but college education is *seriously* deficient. I'd say about 90% of the students from any program at any college are entirely unfit for their field, yet will graduate. There's a reason educated people work at mcdonalds, and it's not that there's an overabundance of 'qualified' people (although there are), it's because they just aren't good at what they do. That's not to say all people in that situation are bad in their field, but it's a solid chunk.

This is true. I have one week left of my college program and I don't know how some of these people will survive in the real world. They only graduate because marking at college is super slack, and you only need a 50% to move forward

Fair Assessment

Back
Top Bottom