sharing my quotes (cbr 125, 19 y/o) for all the young beginner hopefuls out there | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

sharing my quotes (cbr 125, 19 y/o) for all the young beginner hopefuls out there

Pan cannot go wit State Farm because only 2 years of driving experience. State Farm wants at least 5 years (I'm hearing they increased it to 6 years.)

can anyone confirm on this? if so that sucks for me. 21 on my birthday with 5 years (including g1+g2+g time). please and thanks.

Called the agent for SF my family deals with today, she confirmed they require 6 years of graduated licensing time, so I had to shop around some more.

State Farm - Didn't Bother
QQ

I'm 19, and I just got my M2, and I have my G. I got my dad to call State Farm, and they said if he gets his M1, it'll be $37/month on a ninja 250, but I can't ride that at all. With me on it, they quoted $71/month. Now that's more than double him alone, but it's wayyyy better than what anyone else my age has gotten quoted (from what I've been reading and hearing). Maybe you could ask big poppa to get his license to save you some money?

I'm 19, and I just got my M2, and I have my G. I got my dad to call State Farm, and they said if he gets his M1, it'll be $37/month on a ninja 250, but I can't ride that at all. With me on it, they quoted $71/month. Now that's more than double him alone, but it's wayyyy better than what anyone else my age has gotten quoted (from what I've been reading and hearing). Maybe you could ask big poppa to get his license to save you some money?

wouldn't that be for just 6 month though?, or else he would have to get his m2?

wouldn't that be for just 6 month though?, or else he would have to get his m2?

it would be 3 months if he didn't, but he's getting his M2, he already knows how to ride bikes, he just never bothered to get his license, but now that i got it him and my brother are getting them too.

What are you talking about?

I'm a new rider and SF insured me. It's probably the best rate out of all of them. The only reason they would deny him is because of his age.

This is what I'm talking about...

Called the agent for SF my family deals with today, she confirmed they require 6 years of graduated licensing time, so I had to shop around some more.

OP: I am 19yo with GM2. 3 years with G and 2 years with M2. No claims/no accidents/ no tickets. I am getting quotes similar to yours +/- $200. I've had my M2 for 2 years already and still haven't owned a motorcycle due to the crazy insurance. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 21 then get some quotes from State Farm. If the quotes are still around the cost of the motorcycle (ninja 250 or CBR 125). I guess I'll rent from gta exotics and bite the bullet to get my M.

Edit: I'll even consider a cruiser. I just want to ride without being raped by insurance companies.

Last edited:
OP: I am 19yo with GM2. 3 years with G and 2 years with M2. No claims/no accidents/ no tickets. I am getting quotes similar to yours +/- $200. I've had my M2 for 2 years already and still haven't owned a motorcycle due to the crazy insurance. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 21 then get some quotes from State Farm. If the quotes are still around the cost of the motorcycle (ninja 250 or CBR 125). I guess I'll rent from gta exotics and bite the bullet to get my M.

Edit: I'll even consider a cruiser. I just want to ride without being raped by insurance companies.

I was in the same boat as you. 20, GM2, M2 in '09, 2 car accidents. $2800 for my 650R =(

I cant find anything less than $7k... Theres one with some other company at $4k (I would take that in a heartbeat right now) but it requires 1 full payment. F this. I already bought my bike.

This is insane!!!
When I was 17, I bought a 2 yr old CBR600.....and insured it (500K PL/PD) in my own name for $440/yr.
That was 21 yrs ago. But 7 grand? No way income has gone up 10x, but insurers see fot to up rates 10x?

How can any young person ever expect to drive at all? Terrible. Robbery.

My 19 yr old son got his M1 recnetly and is looking for a bike now....but judging by these rates, who knows if insurance is within reach.

If your son got his M1 at 19 he can go with Jevco in a year. He'll be looking at around $3K for something around 600cc (not SS). It will also be lower then year after that.

Had I know to get my M1 years ago I would have. Why does no one say that you won't be able to find insurance AT ALL until you're 21 unless you have M1 for a full year. I think that's something a person should mention in a first time motorcyclists guide. Thanks for no help damn...

I can write a better beginners guide (under 21) than anyone on this site. 1. Get your M1 tomorrow. 2. Wait a year. 3. buy a non SS bike. 4. Call Jevco. Done.

I'm just ****** off because I found out today that I have to wait a whole year again...

Back
Top Bottom