Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shannonville

Saitou^.~

So I've been working a little bit with an instructor and he suggested I go to a track day so that I can learn more. I know many organizers are finishing up but I saw shannonville is still open in September and just the beginning of October.

(I was planning to go to a track school early this year but covid stuff happened... so it will hopefully be a go for next year).

How is your experience at Shannonville for their track days/two wheel Tuesdays?

Thanks!

They run excellent days. Definitely check it out.

So I've been working a little bit with an instructor and he suggested I go to a track day so that I can learn more. I know many organizers are finishing up but I saw shannonville is still open in September and just the beginning of October.

(I was planning to go to a track school early this year but covid stuff happened... so it will hopefully be a go for next year).

How is your experience at Shannonville for their track days/two wheel Tuesdays?

Thanks!
Try and find someone else who is going that has some experience and ask them lots of questions. Shannonville has a good mix of corner types and is great for getting started.

Also wanted to know how the track conditions are (well maintained/pitted)... how many are in a group....

Any input greatly appreciated :)

Shannonville on two occasions when I rode their days did a "open" track as there wasn't a huge turnout (no groups, just do laps whenever you want). Both times it ran smoothly but there weren't many green riders and those that were green were still experienced.
Those were some of my favourite days as we got in a LOT of laps and when 2pm hits and half the riders leave because they're tired the track opens up that much more.
Track condition itself is pretty good at the moment (it's not Mosport, but it's good).

This is the Long track layout: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...JWy71LtdAKYwPT5lspl37Ak5D8EKyDLKH80a5Cos3i1ww

At some corners you may see white paint marks on the pavement in pairs (side-by-side, about a meter apart). I think they're used by FAST to show the approximate line through the corner, and you can generally keep the bike between those marks if you're unsure of the line.

The only bumps that really caught me by surprise my first couple of times were on the entry to turn 6A. There are some rather large, invisible bumps in the braking zone before the curbing on the left. You'll want to stay to the right of those. That will lead you to 3 or 4 white marks in an arc through 6A and 6B. Those white marks are NOT paint marks; they are concrete repairs, and they're also bumpy. Stay to one side or the other of them.

You can see turn 6A and B at about minute 2:10 here:

Back
Top Bottom