Service Ontario Service Interuption........ | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Service Ontario Service Interuption........

Just heard on the nightly news that when you go to get a new sticker you'll have to pay for the one that you did not renew due to COVID. Can someone clarify? Don't we have the right to not licence our vehicles for a particular year and the, subsequently, re register them in a following without having to pay the skipped years? Maybe you take a bike off registration for a number of years while it serves track duty?
That might be for the one you didn't get last year as the cops weren't enforcing license plate stickers. We bought stickers, but never received them actually to this day (it's been about 11 months now).

As far as I'm concerned all the Service Ontario locations are open in our area and in Toronto west. So I presume it's effectively 'business as usual'. Which reminds me, new sticker time.

Just heard on the nightly news that when you go to get a new sticker you'll have to pay for the one that you did not renew due to COVID.

We did not have to renew our stickers because of COVID, but what I think they are saying, you still have to pay for that part. We were able to drive without renewing our sticker, but I don't think they will waive that part off. I guess if you can prove you took your vehicle off the road??

We did not have to renew our stickers because of COVID, but what I think they are saying, you still have to pay for that part. We were able to drive without renewing our sticker, but I don't think they will waive that part off. I guess if you can prove you took your vehicle off the road??
My guess is they will miss some holes like if you pull new plates you might get away with it. New plates are cheaper than a sticker. I like my plates so I'm not going to try.

They are correct, very few people would have had a vehicle registered and stickered in March 2020, did not drive/ride it at all in 2020 and then in March 2021 decided to start driving/riding it again. The vast majority of the people that want sticker continuity (minus a one year gap) were using their vehicle in that gap. I expect there will be a mechanism to catch the edge cases (eg. you moved and bike was stored at your parents for a year) but I have no idea what documentation they would be looking for to support your case. Would a sworn affidavit be good enough? Insurance docs showing the vehicle had no liability on it for the year?

Back
Top Bottom