Service at a Ducati Dealership | GTAMotorcycle.com

Service at a Ducati Dealership

Why are you so worried about it?

Warranty should be fine but I stick with the dealer for the duration of the warranty. In case of any problems I have one party to deal and dealer is only one that can sort out warranty work as well. So they have no excuses and nobody to blame...

Just book the appointment, inform the shop its a 1k service, and ask if its ok to continue to ride.
I'm sure it will be fine.

I would book your appointment and bring it in at that time, your bike wont blow up... well shouldn't blow up.

Service this time of year can be troublesome, with people getting their bike out way too late. Then everyone needs service. I was fortunate with Peninsula, they got me in right away, but then asked for more time to perform some of the TSB's required. Fortunately, I was able to give them an extra two days (the blessing of multiple bikes!). When I bought the Trophy I had the same issue, tough scheduling.

GP bikes has an open service bay. They do the jobs that only take an hour or less. No appointment needed its first come first serve. I had my 1000km service done that way. I had to wait about 2hrs. Just be there when they open first thing.

was it like $180 for 1st service? darn, so minus parts GP still made around $130 per hour!!! who needs to be a lawyer? lol

Off topic question...anyone know how much the 12k service runs at a Ducati dealership?

it depends on how many valves need adjustment. budget for around $600-$700
The 24k service is the expensive one it includes belt change :)

Last edited:
I think the 1,000k service is just a thorough going over of the bike and an oil change.No valve or belt inspection.At 12,000k it's a full service.However,there is nothing stopping the owner from having the dealer do the valve and belt inspection and leaving everything else to the owner.That should put the bill at less than $350.
The 2 valve motors are really easy to work on.I'm surprised that more of you don't do your own work.

The 2 valve motors are really easy to work on.I'm surprised that more of you don't do your own work.

Many people in Toronto just don't have the work space (i.e., a garage) to wrench

I think the 1,000k service is just a thorough going over of the bike and an oil change.No valve or belt inspection.At 12,000k it's a full service.However,there is nothing stopping the owner from having the dealer do the valve and belt inspection and leaving everything else to the owner.That should put the bill at less than $350.

i think in the user manual of new ducatis these days it says service MUST be performed at approved ducati shop or bye bye warranty.

Back
Top Bottom