Selling my 2017 R6 for a 2017 Z900 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling my 2017 R6 for a 2017 Z900

Fr0stByte24

I think I'm going to do it. I'm just not "legally" enjoying my R6 as much as I used to a couple years ago. Being cramped, having sore wrists and back (even with breaks and squeezing the tank), insurance, and being in traffic (I really try not to be) are all signs that this incredible "racing" machine just doesn't match up with my life anymore. I used to love just owning an SS because it was just this amazing machine (even if I couldn't tap into its potential or was in pain all the time). Can't do it anymore.

The Z900 is speaking to me these days though... I think its going to be the next bike for me. I'm 6'1 and I was pretty comfortable sitting on this bike at the dealership. I love the look, the inline-4 and the insurance is nothing compared to the R6. I think I'm going to do it... thoughts? I know its a personal decision, but would like to hear what people have to say about the Z900 ?

2017 r6..."Couple of years ago"? Its fairly new...

If I was going to buy a naked bike, that would be the one. I think it is a fantastic motorcycle. Perfect bike for riding in the real world. Gobs of power, great handling and it's comfortable (compared to your R6, not my ST) and its not considered a sport bike by the insurance companies so insurance is not so painful!

Personally if I were buying one I'd buy the non-ABS model. They cost a few bucks less and everyone wants the ABS model so you might be able to deal a bit on the non-ABS. I love the idea of a bike that is as simple as you can get it.

well i rode the z900, good bike, but as a fanboy, i would have to strongly suggest the fz09 over the z900

You really have to test ride both to see that there are not many bikes out there better than the fz.

Sounds like you've outgrown the R6. Good time for a change. Could always come back to SS later on if you feel like it.

Like the way it looks, not a fan of the dash.

Went with FZ9 instead.

Either way you're making the smart choice. #nakedlife

Any upright bike is better than an R6, sorry but race reps are useless street bikes.

Come with me on a 5000km week (1000km to twisties) if your not 20 and see how you fare. The current rider ergos are a joke compared to earlier sport bikes.

Once you understand this, everything else is secondary. My previous bike the BMW S1000R had a way better rider triangle (stock) which I also modified.

According to this simulator I am 15 degrees more forward on the ZX-14R! My 14R is almost as bad as the new V4 Panigale

http://cycle-ergo.com/

I ride a new 14R and it is useless in stock configuration for me. Higher bars and lower pegs make all the difference in the world for even the shortest distance.

BB

Last edited:
That's a cool simulator! Yea I just have to sell this R6 and I'll be making the move. Love the black with green frame '17 Z900, so nice!

The Z900RS has a rider triangle I would die for. Forward lean of only 7 degrees, like the old standard bikes; Maybe i should have bought that Kawy instead.

BB

I'm going a similar route.

Went from a GS500F with clip ons (I didn't do it! Don't judge!), to a GSXR750, and now an RSV1000R.

My next bike is either gonna be a SuperDuke, GSX-S1000, or the Tunono V4.

Track completely ruined SS bikes for me.

well i rode the z900, good bike, but as a fanboy, i would have to strongly suggest the fz09 over the z900

You really have to test ride both to see that there are not many bikes out there better than the fz.

Personally I go the opposite direction! z900 means with the same money you'll got an inline4 with VERY smooth power distribution. The only advantage fz09 could have is being lighter. But we live in GTA, there is no twisty around here! Why we may need a nimble bike?! More stable bike has more use. Of course if do wheelies or ....... anyway but its me.

Last edited:
Personally I go the opposite direction! z900 means with the same money you'll got an inline4 with VERY smooth power distribution. The only advantage fz07 could have is being lighter. But we live in GTA, there is no twisty around here! Why we may need a nimble bike?! More stable bike has more use. Of course if do wheelies or ....... anyway but its me.

Fz7?

Anyways

Z900 -
ABS is 200 cheaper
Doesn't have TC
30lbs heavier
.1 second slower 0-60 (whatever)
Z900 may arguably be smoother but the FZ revs quicker and has more available torque earlier
Brakes aren't as good
No power modes
Sportier riding position
Probably has the better suspension
Better mileage (just)

I'd say either has advantages, up to your riding style and what you want for your money.

油井緋色;2565710 said:
I'm going a similar route.

Went from a GS500F with clip ons (I didn't do it! Don't judge!), to a GSXR750, and now an RSV1000R.

My next bike is either gonna be a SuperDuke, GSX-S1000, or the Tunono V4.

Track completely ruined SS bikes for me.

Why the gsxs? Would look at fz 10 if i were in your shoes

Personally I go the opposite direction! z900 means with the same money you'll got an inline4 with VERY smooth power distribution. The only advantage fz09 could have is being lighter. But we live in GTA, there is no twisty around here! Why we may need a nimble bike?! More stable bike has more use. Of course if do wheelies or ....... anyway but its me.

agreed an I4 is a bit smoother than the Yamaha CP3
but the torque curve on that motor is nice, usable power from idle to redline
makes for effortless hooligan riding, and don't have to be too fussy with the gearbox
can go from cruising at 90 and roll into town, do 50....and stay in the same gear if you're lazy
an I4 will be gurgling for a downshift or 2

back to the Kawasaki...is this the retro looking Z900?
was looking at one at the dealer yesterday, beautiful

back to the Kawasaki...is this the retro looking Z900?
was looking at one at the dealer yesterday, beautiful

No that's the Z900RS.

Why the gsxs? Would look at fz 10 if i were in your shoes

Because Suzuki my heart got attached to the brand. I put the GSXR through so much **** and it never once showed signs of dying lol

Back
Top Bottom