seen today in GTA.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

seen today in GTA....

PaisaMed

a guy ring a scooter in shorts, t-shirt, sandals, and a beanie helmet. But, he had a leather motorcycle jacket on, although unzipped.

can anyone explain this choice of gear/dress?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Scooter with a plate? Or an e-bike? The distinction in this case is critical

I get it, warm weather, less gear. I just don't understand why risk it? To be honest, it's selfish. If anyone goes down at 20km/h or higher with no gloves, pants or jacket, you're looking at months of healing and someone else has to take care of you. It's not all about YOU. Sure, OHIP covers most of your skin rash and broken bones but someone at home has to take time to look after your injuries because of foolish decisions. Just my rant.

I started riding on the street, in 1971. (peace baby) I was a hippie, long hair and the whole thing. Riding motorcycles back then was one word "Freedom"
The freedom to ride with the wind in your hair, just a t-shirt and shorts. Aside from black leather jackets, their was no real gear. I think I have mentioned this before, I would ride from San Francisco to LA on PCH with no helmet. But that was a different time. Hardly any cars on the road.
So I kind of get it when I see young people riding in shorts and a t-shirt. I wouldn't do it today, but I do understand the "freedom" of it.

For that unique smell of arm pit sweat and leather.

I get it, warm weather, less gear. I just don't understand why risk it? To be honest, it's selfish. If anyone goes down at 20km/h or higher with no gloves, pants or jacket, you're looking at months of healing and someone else has to take care of you. It's not all about YOU. Sure, OHIP covers most of your skin rash and broken bones but someone at home has to take time to look after your injuries because of foolish decisions. Just my rant.
But it is about you (them). If they can't do it the way they want to then they won't do it.

I've given up trying to convince people. I have pics and scars from my rash but it doesn't matter. The minute you suggest otherwise they ***** and moan like you're taking away their favorite toy. Just shake my head and get on with something better to do.

But it is about you (them). If they can't do it the way they want to then they won't do it.
Yup. I'll never understand the "no gloves". If you wipe out, the first thing that hits you ground are your hands. You use your hands for everything. Imagine having mangled hands for ever? Nope.

Hehehe... grey ghost, you're on to something. That was me in the photo and I was taking my jacket to get the zipper fixed. There was not enough room under the seat to store it so I just rode to the repair shop wearing it.

By the way, this guy charged $50 to put a new slider on the jacket and the second ride I go and the zipper splits again. Sigh. Anybody got somebody or a trailer that is good with fixing this sort of thing?

Cheers

Hehehe... grey ghost, you're on to something. That was me in the photo and I was taking my jacket to get the zipper fixed. There was not enough room under the seat to store it so I just rode to the repair shop wearing it.

By the way, this guy charged $50 to put a new slider on the jacket and the second ride I go and the zipper splits again. Sigh. Anybody got somebody or a trailer that is good with fixing this sort of thing?

Cheers

This is all you need. About $150 for my Daianese and it's an amazing job also came highly recommended. Take a photo and upload it via the website and you'll get a quote pretty fast.

I don't have any personal experience with having that type of repair being performed, but I already know that John Bickle's name will come up. He has a solid reputation here.

Bickle is awesome, had to use his services trackside once.

Cheers

They fixed a Dainese jacket of mine with a broken zipper, $10 I believe. Only downside was it took around a month

Back
Top Bottom