Seeking feedback on new bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seeking feedback on new bike

Hey
Thank you for replying.
I listed the price and bike details in the thread. $2000 seller delivered it and would pay for any repairs or something I noticed that needs to be fixed.
That's a pretty heavy price for that bike. I bought one 2 years ago for a lady friend, it had a broken mirror and needed a battery, otherwise it was pristine and only had 2000km. I bought the battery and mirror (about $100) and the owner had the bike certified - my total cost before taxes was $1300.

Think about taking your $2k and putting it toward a $5000 new beginner CB300 bike. Financed over 3 years and you will be about $25/week for 3 years including unlimited warranty and roadside assistance.

I would not pay $2000 for that bike. Even if it was in like new condition

I would find any and every way to return that bike to the seller.
Use the $2000 to get a brand new bike with financing or a different bike with less “issues”
One that would probably be easier to sell when you are ready to move into a bigger bike.

I'd hate to say it but you should have asked for this advice BEFORE you bought the bike. You paid too much and the few cosmetic issues you've pointed out aren't likely to be repaired, only issues that affect the safety.
Like you said earlier, it's a learning experience for you. On the bright side, even though its has a few cosmetic flaws, the bike will likely run fine for a long time and you'll have lots of fun with it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I bought a bike for $4400 once. It was my second bike and I was so enamoured by the shiny chrome that I bought it. It was an impulse decision and I should have paid no more than $3k for it. I rode it for 2 years and sold it to someone else for $3600.

Good learning moment and nothing like personal experience as a teacher.

I bought a bike for $4400 once. It was my second bike and I was so enamoured by the shiny chrome that I bought it. It was an impulse decision and I should have paid no more than $3k for it. I rode it for 2 years and sold it to someone else for $3600.

Good learning moment and nothing like personal experience as a teacher.

It’s a new experience. Thanks for your insight. Lol for that money could of also bought a piano lol. Other hobby equally as expensive. But I’m going to ride it and have some fun.

I'd hate to say it but you should have asked for this advice BEFORE you bought the bike. You paid too much and the few cosmetic issues you've pointed out aren't likely to be repaired, only issues that affect the safety.
Like you said earlier, it's a learning experience for you. On the bright side, even though its has a few cosmetic flaws, the bike will likely run fine for a long time and you'll have lots of fun with it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Upside now I know there are lots of awesome knowledgeable people on here who are helpful. ?

I would not pay $2000 for that bike. Even if it was in like new condition

I would find any and every way to return that bike to the seller.
Use the $2000 to get a brand new bike with financing or a different bike with less “issues”
One that would probably be easier to sell when you are ready to move into a bigger bike.

Thanks for the reply. Noted.

That's a pretty heavy price for that bike. I bought one 2 years ago for a lady friend, it had a broken mirror and needed a battery, otherwise it was pristine and only had 2000km. I bought the battery and mirror (about $100) and the owner had the bike certified - my total cost before taxes was $1300.

Think about taking your $2k and putting it toward a $5000 new beginner CB300 bike. Financed over 3 years and you will be about $25/week for 3 years including unlimited warranty and roadside assistance.

that’s really sweet you bought and fixed up a bike for a lady friend. When I fix it I guess I’ll be my man friend to my lady self. Lol

next time I’ll explore a new bike. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion on benefits of a new bike.

Hello,
I’m new here. I’m looking at a bike. I have seven days to make a final decision. I did an inspection, here are a few things I noticed. I wanted to know if it’s worth keeping and fixing. Thanks so much
Image 1: missing bolt left side
Image 2: a little wear on the bolt on exhaust
Image 3: missing bolt underneath front of bike.
Everything is on the right side it appears it might have been dropped.
It’s a 2008 CBR 125 10,000
7 owners

Thank you for all the feedback. I currently am now the owner of an over priced 12 year old bicycle that I’ll have some fun with and learn to fix.
thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback and insight.

life is short. Hopefully everyone is having some fun riding their bikes.
✌️?

Back
Top Bottom